Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So I Married a Deaf Man: Super cool specs

I love going to the movies. Especially the 3D ones.

Okay, that's a lie.

I don't love 3D movies. I'm not impressed with them at all. If I am going to pay and arm and a leg to watch a 3D movie, I want to feel the wind in my face, the water in my hair, the sand in my toes, a breath on my cheek. I want to weave and bob in the action scenes. I want to flinch at the explosions. I want to actually feel like I am there.

In my opinion, 3D movies are overrated and overpriced. But then again I am a tightwad and a cheapskate. Anyone with me on this one?

That being said, you do get to sit in a movie theatre full of people wearing interesting glasses. That's the only plus side for me.

Except, I get that no matter what movie I go to. At least I do if Hubs comes with me. You see, they now have some pretty amazing glasses for Deaf people who go to the movies.

They look like this:



What happens is the words are shown across the glasses. So instead of having to look down at the captioning device that hooks into the drink holder, he can look directly at the screen and watch the movie while reading the captioning.

Convenient, right? Plus he gets to look hot in these super cool, ever-coveted, slightly larger than life glasses. Bet you wish you had a pair of these.

Ummm....ahem....yeah...me too.

But at least I'm not interpreting movies anymore.


5 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm thinking not everyone could pull off looking so good in those glasses as your hubs does! How awesome they have these now....I never knew!

Diane said...

Awesome! I had no idea.

booksandcandy said...

that is super cool!

Juli said...

That is beyond awesome. I had no idea.

Susan Anderson said...

What a great invention!

=)

PS. And I HATE 3D movies. They give me a headache.