Thursday, February 14, 2013

As long as they know...

So how was your Valentine's Day?

Are you amazing and make homemade gifts/cards for your kids' class parties? Do you make red pancakes in the shape of a heart and put strawberries and whipped cream on top? Do you make something totally fantastic for each of your children so they know you love them?

If you do, you are amazing.

Me? I bought Lucky Charms and Reece's Puffs for breakfast...because that totally says "I love you" in a big way.

I went to Target yesterday (Feb 13) and let me kids choose the cheapo valentine's cards....we got two Power Rangers packs, and two Spy Decoder packs. I think I spent $8. Awesome.

I gave my kids orange Crush for their valentine and told them "I have a Crush on you in a big way." That's as creative as I get.

You know what I have discovered? It really doesn't matter how you tell your family that you love them. Whether it is big and extravagant or small and simple, it mattereth not. The important thing is that they know you love them.

And love my family, I do. They are a bit crazy at times and somewhat loud most the time. We laugh and play, argue and fight. But in the end we're family.

And even when it's hard...

...we love.

3 comments:

Angelwithatwist said...

We didn't do anything special for the kids. We did buy for each other. We know the boys got overloaded in school even in high school they had mini parties in some teachers classes. Love the Crush thing too cute

Anonymous said...

I love the crush idea, simple and adorable. In my family we give what we can, a card, a gift, a hug...whatever we can afford at that time, nothing special.

Susan Anderson said...

You surely do.

And it's so much fun to read about on your blog...

Happy Valentine's Day!

=)