Thursday, February 28, 2013

Never means never

"Mommy?" my 6 year old said to me. He was sleeping on my floor because he hadn't been feeling well.

At 2am, it took me a moment to wake up. "Uh-huh?"

Silence.

"When I come home from my mission can I live with you?"

"Camden, you will always be welcome at our house. But I think when you come home you will not want to live with me for very long," I told him.

"Oh yes I will. I will always want to live with you, Mommy. I love you so much. I never want to leave you," he confessed.

And with that, he rolled over and went to sleep.

These are the moments we treasure....

...until they literally never leave.

I am not there yet, so I am gonna enjoy the sweetness of the moment for a little while longer.

3 comments:

Angelwithatwist said...

Oh yeah it is cute when they are small. When they are 20 not so cute anymore.. trust me.

Juli said...

I love this.

Mine just wants to live with me until he has enough to buy his house outright. Seems he doesn't want to have to pay a mortgage.

Susan Anderson said...

Aw. What a cute conversation.

=)