Friday, February 15, 2013

Get a whiff....

What does your hometown smell like?
Some people live the middle of a city, where cars and buses and taxis busy the streets. I can imagine that place smells quite exhaust-y.

Others live on the beach, where sand and waves and tourists frequent. I assume that place smells ocean-y.

Still others live on or near farms, where cows and horses and pigs and other animals roam freely. Surely that place smells...manure-y.

In the mountains, pine-y.
In hospital, disinfected-y.
In the dessert, dry-y.
In Alaska, snow-y.
In the sewer....er...who lives there?? Ninja turtles! Hello!!

Tonight, as I stepped out of the door at my work, I smelled this:

or maybe it was....


but I wouldn't rule out....


Sometimes the air is just plain....delicious. Living near a General Mills plant has it's benefits.

However, finding this stuck to one of your marshmellows isn't one of them.

Ugh!

7 comments:

Kerri said...

Yum...I would enjoy the general mills smell...as oppossed to our manure-y smell anyday!
In college I live across the street from wonder bread and hostess. mmmmmm...that smell always brings me back to those days!

Susan Anderson said...

Ew.

Gross!

"/

PS. I would love the sweet food smells, though. But the pine is best of all for me!

Anonymous said...

Ew that's just gross! I went to college down the road from Hershey and used to drive there just to smell the air. I absolutely loved the smell of chocolate in the air. Now I'm back home where it smells...exhaust-y unless you go near the shore where it smells ocean-y. I prefer the latter but would love to travel the streets that smell like chocolate again.

Stacy said...

That should be at least one free box!

Here is a mix of manure-y and exhaust-y living right next to a traffic light and farms on the outskirts of the village.

My favorite has to be pine-y.

Angelwithatwist said...

Right down the road from us a piece is the Nestle plant that makes Hot Pockets. I used to think they smelled good until I worked there.. mmmhmmm yeah.

Ninny said...

EWWWWW!!!!!

Juli said...

After the storm home smells like ocean salt air. I missed it so much when we didn't live here.