Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Take your marks

Why? Why is this happening? Can someone please explain???

We have had Rufus, our dog, for 2 and a half years. He is a yellow lab. A co-worker of mine gave him to us...she is older and single and works a lot. He needed someone to play with. We havesomeones to play with. I love him. He is a great dog. Great with my kids. Perfect.

Until...... 

Enter Rita.

Rita is the other dog that the same co-worker recently gave us. (Not sure why this co-worker is okay giving away her dogs. I grew up considering dogs part of the family. The only way they left was death. But whatever....) I was not super excited about Rita, but everyone else was and so now we have two dogs.

Since her arrival, Rufus has been peeing everywhere. I mean, I get that he wants to mark his territory. But come on!! Ugh!

I am usually the one who finds it. Mostly when I get home in the middle of the night. I walk into my room only to have my stockinged feet soaked with...well...his marking. There really is nothing worse. I would much rather clean up my children's vomit than my dog's urine.

But apparently there are places that he goes that are not in my path. Places I do not step. Places that I did not know about. Until it is too late.

Two days ago, when I walked into my room...it didn't smell right. I felt around the floor. No wet spots. I checked all the usual spots. Nothing. So I just assumed it was my over sensitive nose. I have one, you know.

By morning, the smell was overwhelming. I had to close the door so the rest of the house would not stink.

Lucky for my my sister has shampooer. Even more lucky for me she was willing to lend it to me. Lucky for me it got the smell out. All the way out. No more stink-age.

Until this morning. It is less, but it is still there. Help!

Why? Why is he peeing? In my house? In my room? Make it stop, people. Make it stop!!!


On a happier note, this is what my son and I had on our date this past Saturday.


And the bonus is that I just found the recipe. Paradise indeed!!

8 comments:

Arnebya said...

That looks awesome! I am so hungry right now and all I have for lunch is soup (boycotting the cafeteria at work b/c their prices suck). Anyway, I have no advice for Rufus's peeing to let Rita know he was there first. And why your room? You know why your room. You're the one let it happen, ha!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Yuck, double yuck. We are dogless, so I have ideas or help for you. I am, however, quite happy we are dogless after reading this : ) It thought only cats did this. By the way... we are catless too.
Dana

Kerri said...

No help here...sorry! Brady asks for a dog every so often...but after reading this...you have convinced me otherwise! :)

Susan Anderson said...

And that is why I do not have pets.

I just can't deal with that kinda thing. (Even potty training my kids was a push for me.)

;)

Melanie said...

I don't have pets because I have 4 boys. They both stink and mark their territories. The think is...I HAVE to love my kids and feel a need to have them. I don't hold the same sentiments for animals.

I'm sorry for your predicament. I wish I had a solution for you.

P.S. Where did you find that recipe? I NEED it!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

HAHA YOU WOULD FOLLOW UP A DOG URINE STORY WITH THAT AWESOME ICE CREAM PHOTO!!!

as for dogs...i'm not a fan...in fact call the dog police on me but i hate ours and he knows it.....im a ppl person...not a dog....get rid of rita....he's gonna keep peeing until she's gone haha

on serious note...no idea....but he obviously doesn't like her?

u sure it's him and not her...maybe that's why the co worker gave her away

jen said...

I could not abide the peeing. I hate it so bad. Roxie has only peed in the house a few times, and it's enough to send me over the edge. No suggestions, just empathy. Sorry.

Unknown said...

We never had any pets when we were growing up. Well, we had a hamster for a few months until it escaped one night and scared the living daylights out of my mom when she went to use her bathroom in the middle of the night. But other than that, no dogs or cats. I've always wondered why my parents were so against raising pets and now I have a better idea why. I'm glad we live in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs or cats. At least I can use that as an excuse for when E wants one :)