Thursday, January 12, 2012

Are you an Acapuc?

Before you read this post, you need to go visit my friend, Chawlie's blog post about Acapucs.

Raisins should never be cooked.  Never. Not ever.

Not in cookies. Not in bread. And most definitely not in cinnamon rolls.

For whatever reason, once they hit the oven they become fat and squishy and chewy and all together disgusting. The only way I can eat a raisin is if it is uncooked and covered with chocolate....because let's face it, everything is better with chocolate.

Even rabbit turds.

No, I haven't had chocolate covered rabbit turds. But my great aunt did. Good old Aunt Norma.

You see, she was a joker. She and her husband were always playing practical jokes on each other. On this particular day, she decided that she was going to take some of their rabbit droppings and cover them with chocolate and trick her husband into eating them.

Mean, right?

Once the poops were covered with melted chocolate, she filled a bowl full of these pieces of chocolaty goodness and set it on her counter. In plain sight. Where a husband walking by couldn't resist taking a handful.

Only she walked by first.

And couldn't resist.

And took a handful. (cringing) Yes, oh yes she did.

She ate them. (ugh) Knowing full well what she was doing. (stomach churning)  That would be eating the chocolate covered rabbit droppings...that she had made!!! 

I know. You can't make up stuff like this.

But then again... 

...she was not an Acapuc.

7 comments:

Arnebya said...

I am giggling b/c my up-too-early brain thought you were going to say cooking raisins caused them to emit a toxin. LOL See? Too early. I am an acupuc. I don't like them mushy, no, but I do like them warm. I go both ways, actually. Holy crap, I'm bi-raisin.

Unknown said...

cooked raisins... plech!!! I knew I liked you!

Susan Anderson said...

I don't even know what to say.

Yes, I am officially speechless.

;)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Raisins are my new friend. They are one of the only sweet things I allow myself these days. Not cooked is perferable but in porridge, cooked is a good thing.
Dana
Arnebya's bi-raisin comment cracked me up.

Ninny said...

OH.MY.GOSH! This story just MADE my entire night. Maybe my whole week! I have to post it on Facebook. Too funny!

icdamoon said...

Stef... You are an Acapuc! I bet your sweet old Auntie fed you those sweet nuggets to make you so special. You didn't know better... SMILE...

Arnebya... Bi-Raisin... I am Laughing so hard! It is nice to meet another NON-Acapuc. Raisins are AWESOME!

Kerri said...

I think I am bi-rasin too! I like your aunt! :)