Hubs and I have issues.
Who doesn't, right? However, our issues are of the phone kind.
Yes. We have phone issues.
First off, the ringing. When a phone rings, you answer it, right? I mean unless you are praying, or you are screening, or when you are...well...you know. So not answering. But most of us will answer it when it rings.
Hubs doesn't feel that urge. Yes, it is because he can't hear it. But still....
We will be chatting and the phone will ring. (Chatting. Not deep in conversation. Just chatting.)
"Hold on a sec. The phone is ringing, " I will inform him.
"So. Just ignore it," he will say.
"I can't ignore it. If I do that it will just keep on ringing," I say.
"Yeah. And...."
"And it could be the school informing us that our child has just vomited all over his classmate. Who wouldn't want take that call?"
I do have a solution to this issue, because I am a thinker. Yup. You see, for Hubs' phone, there should be a light....a strobbing light...hooked up to it so that when it rings, the flashing begins. Light flashing...not people flashing. Just to clarify. I say should because at the moment it is not hooked up.
Don't look at me. I have left all the accessibility gadgets to him...I don't do 'fix it up,' 'hook it up,' or 'make it work.' I just make babies. That's it. I push, they come. End of story. Okay, so it's actually the beginning of a really long novel, but whatever. I am good at that.
Hooking up flashing lights, not so much. It's all him. He, too, is a little less of a handyman and apparently doesn't feel the need to 'see' the ringing and so there is no light...or ringing for that matter.
But what if...for one moment in time...I hooked it up. And then called his phone....and let it ring. Okay...wait..this one is even better. What if I hooked it up, put his number on speed dial, then started up a conversation with him and then secretly called him. Over and over and over again.
"So, did what do you want for dinner?" I ask.
"I don't know...maybe pasta..." he will consider.
Flash! Flash! Flash! (That's what a flashing light sounds like, in case you didn't know.)
"What the...that light. Is flashing? Do you see it?" he will ask..
"Why yes. Yes it is. Just ignore it though. So, dinner..."
Flash!! Flash!! Flash!!
"There it is again," he will say. "Who is calling me?"
"Eh, not important. Pretend you can't see it," I will say.
Flash!! Flash!! Flash!!
"I think I should see who it is. You know...just in case..." And there you have it. He would give in.
That will solve the ringing issue.
Boy, look at the time. I guess I will have to share with you the other phone issues that Hubs and I have....but for now I must go....
...the phone is ringing.
9 comments:
Wow...all those things we take for granted. "Will you just answer the phone and stop that incessant ringing."
yeah...he doesn't get any of that.
Bummer!
You should TOTALLY hook up the lights. :)
Yep, give him the lights!
;)
I vote for the flashing light too! Keep it a secret....you could totally figure out how to hook it up yourself!
i hate the landline....we never answer it b/c if someone is calling it the obviously don't know us...b/c if they did they would know we don't answer it...
as for my cell....everyone i care for has a certain ring...if i hear a normal ring tone i panic...yes the 'hi ur kid just threw up on a classmate' panic. haha...that's the worst call huh! b/c its like..."didn't you know ur kid had a tummy ache when you sent them to school" well of course i didn't u freak...the kids are busy rushing out the door with bye mom....as if im a bad parent
(ok this comment just went off on it's own)
sorry ...back to you....yes funny! haha
Ohhh. . .I soo think you should learn how to hook that light up and mess with hubs!
Hook up the light! Hook up the light!
Ok wait maybe I am missing something here but if he does answer the phone what good will that do. He can't hear the person talking right?
So I guess I can see both of your points - Hee hee.
No one - NO ONE - answers our landline. We have it because my husband is the Bishop and so we need a phone at the house but we all have cell phones so it will ring and ring and ring and we literally all just ignore it. How rude huh!
Absolutely NO NOE in my home will answer the phone.
Seriously.
No One.
Makes me crazy.
Yep, hook it up. I want to know the results because my husband can hear and gives the same response with the addition of let the machine get it. I stress because there are those who don't leave a message, and I wish I had not missed their call! Therefore, I always answer and get telemarketers:(
Post a Comment