Monday, January 9, 2012

Potty party in the house!!

It is here.

I have put it off long enough. It's just one of those things that you can't put off forever. No matter how hard we try.

You guessed it. Potty training.

He is ready. Actually, he has been ready for quite sometime. But I haven't been.

Not because I love changing poopy diapers...because I don't. Really.

It just takes a lot of attention, diligence, energy, ...patience. Lots of patience. Oh, yeah, and laundry...lots and lots and lots of laundry. And in case you haven't noticed, I already have lots and lots and lots of laundry.

But here we are. It is time. One last time. And then I am done forever. Well, at least until Hubs decides to lose control and even then I don't think it will be training as much as damage control.

So get out the sticker charts. Bring on the candy treats, spot cleaner and really hot water rinses. Potty training in our house. 

Game on!!!

(He gets the "eating tomatoes like they are apples" from my mom.)

8 comments:

Arnebya said...

We are wishy-washy at best w/the boy and training. He's ready but he's not ready. Daycare is pushing but mommy is pulling. I don't know what it is, whether I'm trying to keep him in babydom longer or if I think he's just not fully ready. He can tell us before he goes (don't always make it to the bathroom, though) and he'll ask to go potty, so...oh, now I remember. Laziness! It's staying on him every 30 mins at first asking if he has to go so he's not pooping on Diego.

Lois Sparks said...

I was just going to post the exact same thing on my blog. If you have any "working" methods, please share the knowledge! This is my first time so I'm totally clueless. Goodluck as well.

Carrie said...

Boys always take longer. I was so lucky with Kai though-- I sent him off to preschool and they potty trained him in a week. Maybe it was peer pressure? Nice to know he caves in!

Kerri said...

Good luck with the potty training...I remember reading that boys are harder to train. Not so in my case! Hope it's a piece of cake! :) BTW, I don't know too many kids that like tomatoes!

jen said...

I have been putting off Evie's training as well. I kept saying in January, but maybe Feb?

Mary said...

WOO-HOO! POTTY PARTY!!! I let the day care train mine. Especially my youngest: He would do great at daycare, but have no interest in it at home.
He is a DOLL!

icdamoon said...

install a urinal! EASY.. just don't let him sit in it!

Juli said...

My boys are 16 months apart. One day they just both decided to train themselves.

I know.

You hate me now.