Monday, January 16, 2012

Pic picks.

If you haven't noticed, I am trying to incorporate more pictures on my blog.

I am hoping it will encourage me to take more pictures. I'm the worst. It may come from the fact that there are I think three...yes THREE...pictures of me when I was little. My poor mom. She took the pictures, but we didn't have the money to develop them and by the time she did, the film was ruined.

At least that's what she said.

I don't want that to happen to my kids. Because I can't use that excuse. Everything is digital. No development necessary. 

So in an attempt to give my children some visual history, here are some of my favorite pictures from last year.  

I'm not sure what we are looking at, but whatever it is...everyone wants to see. Don't you?

He gets his fashion sense from his father.

Yeah, this was just plain a good shot. He was actually really mad. Fortunately he just looks really cool.

This is my house...everyday...for 4 months...for the rest of my life.

Boys: Beware. Hubs has a gun and isn't afraid to use it. That would be me...afraid to use a gun. But Hubs is not.  

It's like he is saying, "You've got to be kidding me. Really?" He wanted to go on Santa's lap, believe it or not. Walked right up to him. But there was no way he was going to smile at the camera. Uh-uh.

My little tow-headed conquistador.

Brothers. Friends. Same difference.

This picture rivals for the number one best picture of the year. At our family reunion this year, all the kids were randomly dancing on the stage. Kobe and his cousin were caught in a rather...ahem...awkward... position. (Kobe was actually moving his cousin's arms...like a puppet.) This one had to go in the books...you know...for later...when he needs a little embarrassing.

And the number one picture of the year...
Yes, my mother would kill me if she knew this was on here. Good thing she doesn't read this blog. Ever. If she did, I would totally be out of the will.
This one definitely wins the best picker picture of the year.
She says Dad had something red on the outside of his nose and he just couldn't get it. I'm not so sure it is the outside she is getting at. A special thanks to my sister for capturing this one and sharing it with me so I could share it with the world! 

Classic!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh gotta love blackmail pics. The last one is hilarious..

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Love them. All of them. And yes isn't it wonderful when you catch a shot and know that it is going into the for the wedding power point folder? The last one... priceless.
Dana

Jen Kesler said...

I love the photos!

Juli said...

OH how I love these!!!!

I would like to take better photos this year. While i have tons of pictures, I find that when I read other blogs, I'm always like... "Now why can't I get them to look like that?"

And no one will ever tell me. Because what happens in photo shop, stays in photo shop....

Kerri said...

I'm sure you could send that last picture in somewhere...and make some money! :) Your kids are all so cute....love the beach shot!

Kiddothings said...

Love the pictures! That last one is a keeper! Thanks for sharing it with us ;)

CB said...

The one with your parents is such a crack up!! But I also love the one with your son on the sand ;-D
You have the cutest bunch of kiddo's and I don't think you can ever have enough pictures!!

Lyssa said...

Your kids are so cute! The sand shot is amazing! Is it the beach or White Sands? And how nice to see your parents. They really haven't changed at all! Even in that embarrassing shot, they look so much like themselves! How are they doing on their mission?

Arnebya said...

These are great. Blackmailing children is so much fun and I laughed out loud (literally) at the one of your parents.

Susan Anderson said...

heehee

Looked like she was yanking a nose hair!

;)

PS. Great pics, Stef. Thanks for sharing them!

Unknown said...

awesome last picture. I keep wanting to get pictures of me, but then I have veto (delete) power after each one is taken. So, there are not a lot of pictures of me. But my kids are documented!!

your kids are so handsome (girls can be handsome)!

Melanie said...

ha ha ha...I love the "picker". Very classic.

and the "flash dancers"....awesome

Cori White said...

The funny thing is your dad is not fighting back.... like he is used to it...Love ya uncle Larry