Everyone else is doing it. You know. Choosing a word.
One word. The word. The one that will encompass all change.
I have never been able to pin my overwhelming need to change all things in my life to one word. That, in itself, would take a whole year.
Only this time it didn't.
It didn't happen on purpose. I have been thinking about how I wanted to improve myself this year...yes, I know you are shocked that I could improve on perfection...but it is true. I made a list in my head...it was pretty long, my friends. I noticed a theme.
Better.
No, not butter...though everything is better with butter...but no. Better...as in be better.
Be a better wife. Be a better mother. Be a better follower. Be a better me.
Not perfect. I'm really not into trying to accomplish the impossible. I have tried that...you know like a clean house, a skinny body, and children with clean faces. Nope, perfect is out of my reach.
But I do know that I can be better. Every day I can be better than I was the day before. And if I get better each day, think how good I will be by the end of 2012.
Better for sure!
Bring on the butter....er...better....ahem....both!
10 comments:
Great work for 2012.
I love this one! And it's so do-able!!
=)
The funny thing about this word is that it's possible but still a challenge. We all know when we're not putting in our best, and we can always do better. When I go to sleep at night, I KNOW the days that I was better.
Great word choice, Stef. Thanks for linking up.
I'm still all about butter, myself. MMMMMM.
I love it.
worthy and possible goal. Awesome!
Stopping by for the first time from Jen's blog hop, and I have to say Me Too! I have felt this same drive to be better than I am. I will keep stopping by, so keep us posted!
here here to both butter and better
i can relate to the better mother and wife. i find myself at the end of the day replaying the entire day asking myself if i could have handle things better. each time i answer yes!
thanks for the reminder
Great word choice for 2012 :) Better is definitely doable since it's not perfection. Just doing things a little better is much easier, don't you think? Of course butter would have been an interesting choice too. Most likely not good for your heart if your intention was to eat butter every day! (though to be truthful, I use to eat small amounts of butter by itself when I was a kid. What can I say? I was a strange child and I really loved the taste of butter)
Better with Butter and Better with RAISINS! Be a better Acapuc by not being one... SMILE
Mine is Meek! Hooray for jumping on the word bandwagon.
Post a Comment