Thursday, November 17, 2011

If you haven't read the books....

Yeah. I am totally going.

Not because I think Edward is hot...because their Edward isn't nearly as hot as the one that was in my brain when I read the books. Their Edward needs a haircut.

Not because Jacob will more than likely be spending 3/4 of the movie shirtless. Hello, I am 37 and he is..what...like 13. That would be weird. (Though I have to say he is my favorite. Not because of his body. But because I thought they did a great job casting him.)

Not because Kristen Stewart is an amazing actress...because we all know she is not.

No, I am going because dang it, I like the story. And I actually read the books. All of them. But not recently...that would just ruin the movie.

I am going because I am wondering how they are going to deal with the whole Jacob and imprinting and not make that weird, sick and unnatural. Yeah, I know he is an animal and they do that in real life. But he is also a human and if that really happened, it would be just plain perverted.

And lastly, I am so curious where they are going to end the movie. Aren't you? They have to end it at a point where it leaves you (the non-reader of the books) hanging...wanting more...wondering what is going to happen. Will they end it after the birth? After she becomes vampire? After the imprinting?

Yes, I am totally going. Tonight. 7pm.

Wanna come?

11 comments:

CB said...

It is 2:51 a.m. I just got home.

IT ROCKED!!

IT WAS THE BEST!!!

I LOVED IT!!!!!

Kerri said...

Can you believe I haven't read one single book?! I just don't get the whole vampire thing....I think I'm the only one! Cute post though...love your reasons for NOT going! Hope you enjoyed your movie last night!

Juli said...

See and I think they'll cut it as she gives birth.

I really just want to go so I know how to say the baby's name. :)

And I'm with you on the Kristen Stewart thing, and really, someone needs to give Edward a comb. Although, we do know Chris Cooper who has worked with Patterson. In real life he says he's quite a nice guy.... with better hair. :)

Have fun. If I can get out of work on Sat. early enough I'm going. By myself if I have to.

Arnebya said...

Nope, Kerri; so far we're a legion of two! LOL I don't get it either. I haven't read any of the books. I did finally watch the first movie THIS YEAR in two sittings. Eh. Everybody else enjoy, though!

Lois Sparks said...

i agree.. the edward in my brain is much more handsome.. haha! but the jacob they picked out was perfect (indian looking and all). I think they're gonna end it after the birth or maybe after the imprinting? i don't know. Sadly, though I have read all of the books, I've only waited for the movies to come out in our University (which was 3 months late) so I could watch it for free (big screen too) because I don't like their acting, especially Kristen's.

Unknown said...

I'm on the same boat as Kerri and Arnebya! Never read the books and have no plans to do that or watch the movies! Though after reading about your Jacob and imprinting comment, you did pique my interest. But only because I want to know what this imprinting thing is and why it's so perverted, sick and unnatural.

Hmmm, not sure if my curiosity about that is strong enough to get me to read/watch the series though....especially because the main characters just aren't that pretty/handsome in my opinion.

Diane said...

That whole imprinting on the kid thing wigged me out a little bit but still a fan of the books and the movies. I usually wait until the crowd dies down a bit though. The die hard fans scare me. A lot! It's not normal for grown women with kids to go that nuts over a shirtless boy!

Susan Anderson said...

So far everyone I know that has seen it, liked it.

Haven't read Twilight or seen the movies, but I'm glad so many people have so much fun with it all...

=)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

just tell me what happened...i only read the first book and my hubs laughed at me so much i didn't get anymore

Mary said...

I just saw the first movie on Halloween night, and a friend let me borrow the 2nd one...am expecting the 3rd when she gets it back from her ex. Then I'll go see it! I haven't read the books, but have been told I need to!
Don't you just hate it when you have a mental picture in your mind of what a character is suppose to look like, then the movie comes out and it's not what you expected? For that reason, I can't watch "Bones" (the tv show). That is NOT what Tempe is suppose to look (or act) like!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I have not read one single word of the whole "saga" and I have not seen any of the movies either. I will definitely be missing it.