Tuesday, November 15, 2011

If I could just get over myself...

This morning, I came down the stairs to find that my little Briggy was awake. I knelt down to his level and said, "Good morning, son! Come and give your mommy a kiss."

"No!" was his response.

"No? No? Come on. Just a little kissy, right here," I coaxed, pointing to my lips.

"No. I no want to," he refused.

"Waaaaaahhhhh. Boohooooooo," I sniffled. This was my attempt to teach him to show compassion. Empathy. Kindness.

"Stop crying!" he demanded. "You can't do that. Only I can."

Compassion FAIL.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

I hope you tried again later with another child! :)

Gabe said...

Ohhh, that Briggs is too funny! Hopefully he felt inclined to kiss you later!

Anonymous said...

He is so smart! I hope he gave one later.

Arnebya said...

Ha! Mine has no compassion. When he says no, he turns to his sister and says, "But I give Zoe kiss." And then looks at me as he does it as though to make me jealous. The audacity! I am not jealous of you kissing her instead. I'm not. I said I'm not!

Jenny said...

Oh. Oh. I'm sorry!

He is hilarious, though!

He is already a tough guy.

Tell him even tough guys kiss their Momma's, though!

Susan Anderson said...

Ah, well. What's a guy to say when his mom is a great, big cry-baby?

;)

Kiddothings said...

Haha! I have to try that on my kids next time! :)

Juli said...

See. And mine just would have told me my breath stunk and gone out of the room.

Comsider yourself lucky. My kids would have used it as a chance to learn snarky sarcasim.

Unknown said...

ooo, harsh! Well at least he didn't slap you before he told you to stop crying. Maybe he was just having a bad morning :)