Hubs has a weak stomach.
He gags when he changes a poopie diaper. He about loses his lunch if he sees vomit. And if there is blood, forget it.
You needed to know this to completely appreciate this story.
When we had Kobe, our first child, Hubs was the perfect husband/father. (He still is, btw.) He was good about bathing him, rocking him, burping him and loving on him. He would even change the diaper. Yeah, I know.
After about four weeks, I had to return to work. Hubs was in school so we would take turns being with Kobe.
On my first morning back to work, I was showering, getting ready for work, sad that I was going to have to leave my baby. All of a sudden I hear Hubs yell, "Stef!!!!!"
Thinking that something terrible had happened, I ran into the front room. Something terrible indeed. There, in the middle of the room, was Hubs, holding Kobe out away from his body. Hubs' panicked face was red, looking like he was struggling to keep his already eaten breakfast in place.
What was the problem? I mean, Kobe wasn't crying. He wasn't bleeding. He was breathing fine. What?
One look at Hubs' white undershirt and it was obvious that Kobe was leaking. A lot. No, like a lot. Baby poop was all over the front of Hubs' shirt. And when I say all over, I mean all over. It was yellow, it was runny and it was a sight to see.
I looked at him and couldn't help but bust up laughing. Of all the people Kobe could blow out on, he chose his Daddy. His own little love note.
Ahhhhh. So sweet.
7 comments:
I have a similar story that I think I'll share soon.
This one reminded me and made me laugh. Hard.
=)
Oh, I'm with Sue. I am laughing really hard just imagining. I am immune to gagging over all bodily fluids except vomit. I will clean it up but I will be stifling my own from joining it.
that was so funny! it always makes me laugh when I hear dads getting weak on their knees when it comes to diaper changes or baby poop.
Poor guy but I must admit I would have laughed as well.. then helped him get cleaned up..
Love it!!! The baby blow out. hate to admit this but that has NEVER happened to me. Hee Hee.
Oh, this is just too funny! (sorry, hubs) My mom is the exact same way as he is which is why she needs supervision when she wants to babysit E or my sister's kids. I'm just glad I never inherited her gag reflex for stinky or dirty things :)
That is funny. Opposite in our house. I'm the gagger and my hubs could handle the gaggy diapers.
Post a Comment