Have you ever NOT exercised for like 4 months and then all of a sudden decide to do it one day and then you wake up the next day unable to walk up and down the stairs, much less roll out of bed?
Have you ever dreamed that you were Brad Pitt and you were making out with a girl...only to take a closer look and see that it is you that you (as Brad Pitt) are making out with?
Have you ever re-watched some of those films we watched when we were young and thought, "What were my parents thinking to let me watch that when I was a kid?"
Have you ever not realized how bad they were until you showed them to your children? **Gremlins...not a good show**
Have you ever left your 4 week old baby in the car on accident while you and Hubs went into a party and not even notice until someone asks you, "Where is your baby?" (It was only 15 minutes, but still...what were you thinking??)
Have you ever taken 7 kids ranging in age from 1 to 10 years old to watch Shrek Forever After on Memorial Day and when they told you how much it costs bit your tongue because what else are we going to do?
Have you ever fallen asleep telling your children a story that starts out sounding like Rumplestilskin but ended with you talking about paying bills and cooking dinner?
Have you ever just decided that the pillow and sheet that are covered in vomit just aren't worth cleaning up and thrown them away?
Have you ever secretly wished that we still walked the Earth in leaves because it sure would save us all a whole lot of time on laundry, shopping and dry cleaning?
Have you ever told your children to go get their clothes on because you were going to the store and had them come out with an outfit like this:
(Don't think he wanted his picture taken.)
Have you?
Me either.
I was just wondering...
(Thanks for the prompt, Mama Kat!)
14 comments:
I have absolutely thrown out bedding and clothes that are puke filled. The same goes for poop filled. I do not think that I would have made a good nurse.
I did the same thing with Gremlins! And my babysitter took me to see Jaws when I was about 6 yrs. old. I have no idea who thought that was appropriate. No wonder I still can't swim!
My MIL left her last baby in the car once while she unloaded groceries and then went to dinner on a date with her husband.
He was sleeping.
Do you feel better?
Oh I learned my lesson on that letting them watch the movies we liked when we were kids...what was with our parents {lack} of standards anyway!!??
I have friends who went to a pub with their new baby and left several hours later, leaving the baby under the table, in the pub and only realizing when they got home that the baby was not with them!
I have secretly wished that we could all just run the earth naked and forget the laundry altogether. What a cute post.
Noooo.....I've never done ANY of those things. Except maybe the first 10 or so.
I *might* have thrown out a few poopy pairs of underwear..
Can I just plead the 5th on some of these? And I so agree with the leaves thing...I HATE shopping and laundry!
And don't you just love the fashion of little kids? The best thing...they don't even care!!
I loved this post. I must admit to at least five on the list.
I will not admit to the Brad Pitt one, however. Weird, my friend.
What an interesting list of "Have you's" :) The Brad Pitt one is definitely a strange one (did you really dream this?) So many good ones that I have to admit that I'm guilty of having done....though not the ones with multiple kids or cars since I have neither. Totally love the photo of your son in his outfit :) He is too adorable!
Unfortunately, or fortunately (whichever way you look at it), I too, am 'guilty' of most of those...
I've done one and three, the others? Sorry, no experience with any of those.
But I wonder...
cannot tell you how many items of clothing and linens i've thrown out because the idea of removing the chunks was too much for me...
great post! you're so funny!
Post a Comment