Did you all know that the new iPhone is coming out on June 24th? And did you watch the LIVE coverage showing the new changes three days ago? I didn't either. But when I came home and saw that something had happened to my husband, I got a little suspiscious.
He had partaken of the apple...the forbidden fruit. Okay, so it is not so forbidden in our house, considering we both have iPhones. But when I got home from work I found my husband's face glued to the computer screen, jaw on the floor with a puddle of drool next to it. And that is pretty much where he has stayed for the past three days.
Oh, there was the brief interruption when he had to check my phone to see if I qualified for the free upgrade. I did. He didn't. At this point I was ready to take cover, positive he was going to explode right then and there. But he got right on the phone and spoke to the manager's manager's manager. He got approval for the upgrade. We are now on speaking terms again.
I try to have a normal conversation with him (as opposed to the abnormal ones). I try talking about the kids, movies, sports, etc. with him. But I can tell that he isn't really listening. Perhaps it is the blank stare that he gives me... OR maybe it is the random nodding in inappropriate times...OR Maybe it is the apples in his eyes that gives his inattention away. Mostly I can tell he isn't listening because the minute I stop talking (that does happen from time to time) he is right back explaining all the cool things that it can do.
So, am I looking forward to June 24, you may ask? Yes. Yes I am. Not so much for the upgraded iPhone that I will be getting, though I will admit it is pretty nice. But mostly because I will be getting my husband back.
Who am I kidding? It will be another month before he tires of his new love affair, said iPhone, and remembers that he has a wife and 5 children running around the house.
An apple a day takes my husband away...sniffles. I just want my husband back.
Maybe there's an app for that?
10 comments:
I think that I really need to get on board with this iPhone thing. I am just a little worried I won't be able to figure it out.
Funny, my neighbor tried to get me to purchase one of those just yesterday…I'm glad I've read your tale beforehand.
Dilemma averted.
I am the ONLY one in the whole house without an iPhone. My husband and sons all have them. I don't even want one. I am pretty sure my husband will get the upgrade the second it comes out. I'm also pretty sure, he will not be "offering" one to any of the kidlets. Poor, poor deprived children!
I have yet to get on board the iPhone wagon. What am I missing that's so amazing? I drop my blackberry enough to warrant cell phone removal.
my mom is always ahead of the game (or me) so to speak...she wore thongs b4 me....and she got an iphone b4 me. i like the thongs, but i'll wait a bit longer on the iphone..my husband and kids would rarely see me after that! haha
WOW! How can I call myself a BYU graduate and never have had the bookstore fudge? Shame on me!
I have 3 teenagers and they are all drooling over the new iphone. But it won't happen just 2 expensive times 3!
My husband is acting the same way. "Did you know it has glass on BOTH sides?" I try to act excited but I don't feel it like he does. :)
My husband too!! He doesn't have an iPhone yet, and he's been holding out because he knew this was coming...
Haha, your husband is a very interesting man. In my family, I'm the one who's been drooling and having apple on my mind all the time :) I'm pretty sure that my husband is feeling the same way you are right now. I guess I should go give him a hug and remind him that the iPhone comes out on June 24th in Japan too. Hehe, what's even funnier is the fact that our anniversary is on the same day. It's going to be a great anniversary this year :)
Post a Comment