People would be surprised to learn that…
...I do actually wash the sliding glass door in my kitchen once a month. And on that one day, the house is that much brighter. Too bad it doesn't last long.
...Boys, no matter how hard you try, are born saying the words, "Bang! Bang! Bang!" Try as you will, but their fingers will naturally take the shape of a gun. In fact it isn't limited to their fingers. Any object, mostly vacuum attachments in my house, can and will become a weapon of some sort.
...I make my children share towels. If you are the first to bath, sweet! You get the dry towel. If you are the tortoise, then you not only get the cold shower, you also get the thrice used towel. You may as well shake yourself off like a dog, because there is not one dry spot on that towel.
...I would wear jeans every day if I could. You know, the loose baggy kind. Because frumpy is the new sexy.
...Whole wheat cinnamon rolls...not so yummy. Ask my children...and my hubby...and my brother...and my dog. I ran out of normal white flour, so I ground up some wheat for flour and substituted it instead. Not good.
...Kasey, from the Bachelorette is TOTALLY deaf. I have been working with Deafies for 15 years and I can tell by his voice. Just in case you were all wondering. That being said, I am so glad he is gone...tattoo and all.
...Our dog Rufus, who is a male dog, pees like a girl dog. He also likes my son...quite a bit.
And finally, you all would be surprised to learn that...
...I have two bladders. It is true. With each child, the ultrasound technician lets out a curious, "Huh. Interesting." To which I answer, "Yes. That extra sack there...bladder." This would explain why I can take an eight hour trip, drink a 44oz drink and not have to go to the bathroom until we reach our destination. It would also explain my impatience with my husband, who I swear has a teaspoon sized bladder, has to pull over 4 or 5 times.
Were you surprised?? Come on now. Surprise me...
(Thanks, Mama Kat, for the inspiration for this post.)
17 comments:
I have to totally agree with the boys and gun making coming naturally. My 2 yr old just started doing this, and I know he hasn't watched anything with guns!!
And the one that surprised me the most (and made me laugh the hardest) was how you make your kids share a towel. That's too funny!
That's it, I'm hiding all of my vacuum attachments right now...and everything else in my house while I still have time. My little guy is two months old today...you don't think I'm too late, do you?
Two bladders, you're so lucky, LOL!
WOW!! 2 bladders... That makes you UNIQUE!!
The dog and son thing... We used to have that problem... Son is STILL his favorite... LOL!! But he's too FAT & old to LIKE him THAT way anymore. HAH!!
Two bladders?! That is friggin' awesome! I want two bladders. So not fair. People should be able to request something like that. It's so functional. And, I'd argue, the only organ you really NEED two of. I mean, you don't need two kidneys. Plenty of people do perfectly fine with just one. But there they are. Two bladders though, those would come in handy. Think I'll follow you just for that! And because I think you said something about your dog having his way with your kid.
Yes, the 2 bladder thing surprised me. As often as I find myself going to the bathroom that sounds like a good thing to have.
Stopping by from Mama Kat's.
Wow and i thought my four cup bladder was lucky.
I make the kids use one towel each for a week cause after the bath is when they are actually clean.
I will not be trying wheat cinnamon rolls :)
Wow, I don't know if I have anything that even comes close to the skills you've got…I'd totally do the same thing with the towels, too.
I was almost kidnapped when I was 11…does that count for anything in the 'awesomeness' factor? Probably not compared to people with two bladders or their unborn twin sibling living inside of them.
Two bladders?!? OK you definitely surprised me with that one - I wish I had two as I am like your husband, cannot go more than half an hour without a bathroom trip!
In summer it is too hot for jeans but in the winter I pretty much do wear them every single day and I love them.
Two bladders! Wow! I've never met or even heard of anyone having two bladders! That's really a big surprise :) So if you have twice the capacity to hold liquid does that mean you're in the bathroom longer too? (or is that tmi?)
And the whole wheat cinnamon roll....yea, I can see why it's not a big hit :)
It is so reassuring to learn that my son is normal. He is also obsessed with the vacuum attachments and shoots people with them. Of course he shoots people with his cars, stuffed animals, and fake tools too. But he's normal. Whew. That's a relief. The two bladders thing? Awesome.
Came from MamaKats, but I'll be stopping in again. Great post. :-)
We've got lots in common!
Vacuum attachment guns--check!
Using one towel--check!
Filthy sliding door--check!
Girly-peeing male dog--check!
But the two bladders is where we diverge. I, alas, only have one.
I'm so glad to hear that "frumpy is the new sexy." What a relief!
The bladder thing and the Kasey thing...wow!
My male dog pees like a girl too...but the only thing that he "really likes" is when he gets in the car. It's embaressing.
I could've written that list! My husband cleaned all our windows and you'd think we got a new lighting system! And the "hand" guns (or sticks or legos or paper or whatever). Our male dog used to pee like a girl but all the other male dogs in the 'hood laughed at him so eventually he learned to pee like a man!
I really wish I had two bladders. I always need to go the the bathroom when my toddler goes to sleep in the car.
I giggled at whole wheat flour: not good. I laughed out loud at Rufus peeing like a girl. But everything went silent at two bladders.
:)
You have 2 bladders?! Wow, that has got to come in handy! I had to laugh at the thought of your kids sharing towels!
Post a Comment