I should have a warning sign posted on my door that says, "We are not responsible for personal items lost.You may or may not get them back. Consider yourselves warned."
As sad as it is, if you leave something and I am not the one who finds it, chances are, it will not be found. I do have a lost and found because we tend to get lots of visitors, especially lately with graduation, wedding, summertime, temple, etc. However, it would more appropriately be named : Lost and Found and Then Refound.
The more I clean, the more I find...so I have just decided to stop cleaning. (I wish)
Well, while visiting last month, my dad apparently left his electric razor. I found it about 2 weeks after they left and was wondering whose it was because no-one had called about it. I asked my mom and she assured me it was my dad's.
So, I, not thinking, stuck it in the Lost and Found and Refound box. This was a bad idea because the box is at the same level as my little kids eyes...hence the name Refound. This seems to be the place they come when they are bored and want something new to play with. It usually just has clothes, socks, undies, toothbrushes, etc. Nothing fun, nothing worthy of their attention.
Except this week...
I was sitting by my 10 year old son and I was looking at his arm (for some weird reason) and noticed that there was no hair on his arm.
"What happened to your arm? It looks bald!" I asked.
Kobe: "Oh, I used that electric razor on it. Isn't it cool."
"Are you serious?" I replied.
Brody (5 yr old): "Mine too. Look. And I did my leg. I even tried it on my hair."
Oh isn't that lovely. The funny thing is that they only did it on one side. So half their body looks smooth and slick. The other half is their normal hairy selves.
And so I say this: "We are not responsible for personal items lost or left behind."
Especially electric razors.
Sorry, Dad.
9 comments:
I wish people would lose stuff at my house. You know, diamond tiaras, keys to a Ferrari, money clips w/ money....They just lose socks, half empty shampoo bottles and all the receipts and plastic bags from their shopping trips. - G
i nearly pee'd laughing! (4 kids later and terrific kegals i didn't)
ohhhh save that in photo form for blackmail later!
LMAO!! Ohhhh thanks!! I needed blog fodder for this week, and you just reminded me of something my daughter did. Stay tuned...
Hilarious! Might be time for an adults only lost and found box, as there could be other items that might prove a little too much in kids hands! Love the way they decided to only do one side, a new trend setting move no doubt!
Oh, Stef. . .this one had me laughing almost as hard as the trash in the heat vent. . .
I always think that boys with inquiring minds like that are someday gonna do amazing things for this world. . .however, in the mean time. . .
I have a shaving routiene too, and sometimes I get distracted and do it wrong and I always come out with only the left side smooth.
Glad it happens to other people :)
Every kid is fascinated by those things. Crazy kids.
I'll get your prize in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for your address!
Oh…man. Your kids sound like an absolute riot.
You're kids are too funny! Oh how I wish to see a picture of the slick and the hairy arms :)
Post a Comment