I have a child who loves to talk. He is 4 years old. He loves to talk. He can talk and talk and talk ....you get the idea. He will talk about the sky. He will talk about bugs. He will talk about the dust on his dresser. This kid can really fill dead air like no other. He has the gift of gab...as my grandma calls it.
He talks so much that no-one wants to share a room with him because the talking comes out more at night. It is then that the questions come out.
"Mom, why do we have a chin?"
"Why do we need socks?"
"Why do we wear underwear?"
"Why do we need the sun?"
Not necesarily hard questions to answer, but it is bedtime and if it isn't me he is asking, it is his tired older brother. It is actually quite endearing.
He also will tell you a lot more than you need to know, than you want to know. TMI is his middle name. I think that the filter in his brain is not yet fully developed....you know, the one that reminds you what is appropriate and what is inappropriate to say out loud.
With that introduction, let me tell you about a little conversation that took place this weekend with Camden (talking son) and my brother-in-law (we will call him Bob...because that is his reall name.)
Camden enters the room where Bob and other cousins are playing.
Bob: "Hey Camden! What are you doing?"
Camden: "I just went pee." Slight pause."And poop." Long pause. "I went pee and poop."
Bob: (laughing) "Thanks for sharing."
Camden: After thinking for a few second, (a little disgusted) "I didn't share it with anyone."
That's my boy!
7 comments:
great post, funny.
i have one {or two} that love to talk!! it's especially fun when they do it at the same time!
have a great week! :)
Oh great ending line - the miscommunications that lead to such funny responses!
I have one of those talkers. He wears me out. But every so often, he comes up with something pretty good.
Your son sounds like my Ivy. She is a total talker.
www.thefamilytrifecta.com
My dad used to use masking tape to help with the talking problem with my sibs. It usually worked out pretty well until they were ready to eat or drink something.
I'm not recommending, I'm just saying...
Too cute! My oldest son has the gift of gab. He started talking very early and, at almost 23, has not stopped yet! Thankfully, he has learned some decorum and it is not as bad as when he was younger. My word, I never knew what was going to come out of his mouth!
~ Tracy
I'm giggling. That's too funny. I wish there was a disgusted face picture to go with the comment, LMAO!
Post a Comment