Monday, June 28, 2010

Flock or Devil

Today has been a crazy busy day. I decided we were going to take 30 minutes and clean the back yard. Well, after 3 hours, it looks really nice. And now, here it is 10pm and I still haven't posted. Isn't that how life goes sometimes.... So without further ado...

It's time again for the Would You Rather game. I was going through the cards last night and I was rolling on the floor because the questions were so funny.

Here is your question:

Would you rather be followed everywhere you went by a flock of birds OR a cloud of dust?

Hmmm... A flock of birds...

Are these birds the kind that fly around cleaning my house with me if I sing the "Happy Working Song" from Enchanted? Or are they more like the birds from Evan Almighty...you know the pooping, landing on people's heads, scaring everyone birds?

Can you imagine? You would have people coming up to you all the time saying, "Hey, did you know that there is a flock of birds following you everywhere you go?" No, really? What gave that away? The poop all over my hair and clothes or was the constant chirping?

Hmmm...a cloud of dust...

I kinda feel like that already. I do have 4 boys and a rough and tough girl. Not a day goes by that I am not up to my eyeballs in dirt. The whole dirt thing, I get that. However, it would actually be on me. Very different.

I wear contacts and so this actually sounds really unpleasant at first glance. I also like to laugh a lot and  like chewing gum. Dirt flying constantly around me is just not compatible to any of these things. Then, imagine winter time and runny noses, sleep eyes..etc. Can you imagine a trip to the dentist? Not pretty. Not at all.

But Pigpen still had friends, right? People were able to look past the dirt because, for the most part, he was the mess. But a flock of birds...we are not talking about one bird going to the bathroom from above. We are talking a whole flock of birds. We are all targets at that point. Not really something that attracts friends. 

And so, I am going to go with a cloud of dust. A little dirt, I can handle. A lot of dirt, I am still okay. Constantly being pooped on by things that are NOT my children...problematic.


What about you? Which would you rather??

7 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Depends on the birds, really. If they were hawks or other really cool birds like that, I'd take birds in a heartbeat. However, if they were vultures, I might just have to opt for the cloud of dust instead...

paige said...

I was going to say birds but you might have talked me out of it with the whole poop thing. :)

Tiffany said...

Absolutely NOT the birds. Other people/things poop is much MUCH worse than my children's!

NatureGirl said...

The shock value alone is worth the birds. I make a spectacle of myself wherever I go anyway, may as well give 'em something to really talk about!!!

Although Pigpen was a favorite peanuts character of mine...

Anonymous said...

I would pick the dust too. You can shake that off. Bird stuff is really messy.

One Photo said...

Dust - because it might be troublesome but it is quiet and far less messy than what an ever present flock of birds will land on you :-)

Unknown said...

ooo, this is a tough one... I think I'd go with the dust since I bird poo is much harder to clean and can get quite nasty. I just discovered that we have pigeons that like to chill out on our veranda every day and they've left quite a mess. Good thing we don't usually go outside. I can't even imagine what a mess a flock of birds would leave....