Monday, March 15, 2010

Mommy Momment: Welcome Home!!

This blog is inspired by Frugal Mom Know Best and her



Photobucket

I had just come home from the hospital with my 5th baby.I was so exhausted because he hadn't slept very well the last night in the hospital which meant I didn't sleep very well. 

We get home, everyone has a chance to hold him, including my mom, then bed time. Off we all went.A few hours and feedings later,  I am awake trying to nurse my sweet baby in the dark...struggling...over and over again. Once he was fed it took us an hour to get him back to sleep. 

I climb into my bed, half asleep when I hear a cry coming from down the hall. It was Brody, my 4 year old. He had thrown up, and of course, no one else will do except for Mommy. So I clean him up, make him a place on the couch and rub his back. 

Just as we both are nodding off, another cry from my 2 year old, Camden. He too had thrown up, and needed only Mommy. So we fix him a bed on the other side of the couch. Just as soon as he is calmed, Brody throws up again which icaused Camden to vomit again. It was an ugly viscious cycle.  

My mom was trying to help, but there was only so much that my mom could do. My hubby is deaf so he is oblivious to what is going on and to try and wake him is like waking a bear in hibernation...more trouble than it is worth.

Finally everyone was settling down and falling asleep and wouldn't you know it the baby started calling for milk, I mean me. 

It's nice to be needed, but COME ON!!!

In reality, as hard as those moments are, it is IN those moments that my kids learn that I am gonna be there for them, no matter what!

Bring it on!

2 comments:

Frugal Vicki said...

Okay, I had to laugh before I even got to the post because of the hoodlums comment! You poor mama! Although, being a mom to five, I am sure you are tough as nails.The rest of us would probably be curled up in a ball crying somewhere, lol!
Thanks for joining! I added you to my blogroll and look forward to reading more of your posts!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

You are a Supermommy....how do you do it?

I have two 5 years apart and some days I am ripping my hair out.