Sunday, March 14, 2010

All Night Long!

We all have those moments when we have done something that was really silly and hope that no-one notices or that no-one hears about it?

And we have all had those moments when our significant other tells that story to friends or family, or total strangers,  not out of spite, but because it is a story all would enjoy. Today, I am that loving spouse sharing Brian's moment.

I woke up this morning, get ready for work and am ready to head out the door but I can't find my keys. I look in my bag, in the junk drawer (because EVERYTHING goes in that drawer), my pants, all flat surfaces with no luck. 
 
I ask Brian if he had used my keys. He says that he did, but he also is unable to find them. So I grab his keys instead. I step outside and I hear a car running. I look around and the only car that I could be hearing was my own van.
 
No way! Brian had used the it yesterday and had arrived home about 6pm. The car had been running for 12 hours! He either had a forgetful moment (he is getting old, you know) OR he was being very thoughtful and knew that I would need the car warmed up before I went to work this morning.
 
The only thing I could do was laugh. Not just because the car had been running all night, but that it had been running and the doors were all unlocked and it was STILL THERE! I think the only thing missing was the neon sign saying "TAKE ME!" Maybe someon considered it, but after seeing the cleaning job they would have to do they changed their minds.
 
At any rate, it was a good thing that Brian had just filled up with gas so that it COULD run all night. Bless his heart. In his defense, it's not like he could HEAR it running. Too funny!!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Wow! I can't believe nobody took that car. Good thing he gassed it up, right? That is so funny and I love how kindly you tell it.