Three minutes.
Not a very long span of time, right? What can happen in 3 minute?
A lot can happen in three minutes.
That's what.
Allow me to demonstrate.
I am apparently great at making all my children cry in under three minutes. It is a special skill that I have mastered, quite unintentionally as it turns out. Whether I declare "Time for chores." or "Sorry, no screen time (electronics, phones, tv, etc.) today because there was too much fighting." the weeping and wailing begins immediately.
I can be completely out cold in 3 minutes...30 seconds, actually. The second my head hits the pillow is the second I am out. Sad, really.
I can spend over $100 in Target or Hobby Lobby in three minutes.
I can make a clean car look like a tornado hit in less than 3 minutes. The secret is to give each child a snack bag at the BEGINNING of a trip and then turn on the movie. Three minutes tops, the car will be unrecognizable. You should try it sometime. Unfortunately, the cleanup usually takes like 100xs longer...especially if said children are helping with clean-up.
Though I have never timed it, I am pretty sure I can get pregnant by just looking at my husband the right way. So we can add that to the list...or at least that used to be the case. Two words: snip snip.
I can brush and floss my teeth in 3 minutes
I can burn the last batch of cookies in 3 minutes. I'm really good at that. Every time.
I can have a heart attack in three minutes. With my oldest learning how to drive, the minute he gets behind the wheel, I start to experience a shortness of breath and the whole left side of my body goes numb.
I can show my kids I love them in three minutes. Whether it is a simple "Thanks for doing that, I really appreciate it!" or "You're so good at that!" or a simple act of service, or a note in their lunch, a short back rub. All of these little things add up....add up to the knowledge that, "Hey, Mom loves me."
yup. Three minutes can make a difference!
1 comment:
Such a cute post. And by the way, I cannot even believe you have a child ready to drive. That's crazy!
=)
Post a Comment