Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Saturday, Saturday. Where art thou??

We live for that day
at the end of the week.
A "rest from our labors"
is just what we seek.

The count down begins
from the very first day.
We celebrate the "Hump"
when we are half way.

As Saturday nears
my anticipation, it grows
"The things I will do,
the places I will go."

Sleepin-in tops the list
so does laundry and chores,
The kids will be happy
and spend hours outdoors!

Well, if wishes were fishes
we'd all have a fry.
My day's never like this
I can't figure out why.
 
 
Up with the sun,
I can never sleep in,
Add the mountains of laundry
Sigh...I can't ever win!
 
 
Minecraft and WiiU
Fill my children with glee.
"At least we aren't fighting."
Ugh!! I have to agree.
 
 
Saturday, meh,
Overrated for sure.
Give me my Sunday
and I'll come back for more.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Great job on the poem!
Such fun.

=)