...teaching my son to drive.
1. Never yell.
2. Never-mind. Yelling is okay as there are times your life might depend on it.
3. It's okay to pee your pants every now and again. It cannot be helped.
4. Don't assume that your child knows the difference between a stop sign and a stop light. DO NOT ASSUME.
5. The white line is optional...
6. Parking in an empty parking lot is harder than it seems.
7. All cars should come with a brake on the passenger's side.
8. I don't see the freeway in his future. You're welcome.
9. Roundabouts are evil and confusing and should be banned from Earth!
10. Prayers are answered. I know this because I am still alive.
And those are the things I've learned teaching my son to drive.
3 comments:
Brings back memories. I used to take my kids to a new subdivision where the roads were in, but few if any people were living there. My husband always had an excuse as to why he couldn't take the kids out driving. Then it dawned on me that he was chicken. When I confronted him he admitted it. I taught them all to drive stick shift too. That's quite an experience too.
Ha ha, your not alone. Just FYI it doesn't get easier with other children.
I don't have my drive license ( I live in the big city- why would I need to drive?) BUT I have been taking driving lessons ( in the big city) . Likely the scariest thing that I've ever done. I can't imagine teaching someone else!
Post a Comment