They say the grass is always greener on the other side.
But in my case...the grass is literally greener here...
...on the other side.
At least the other side of winter.
You see, I used to live in a desert.
Okay, so technically Albuquerque is considered a high desert.
I'm not sure what that means...
...but I think it might have something to do with the amount of meth
flowing through the southern border.
JK! JK!!
It really just means that it is a high elevation desert...
...meaning snow...
...in a desert...
...weird...I know.
My point is this:
During most of the summer in New Mexico, if you work hard,
your grass will be green.
Most of the time.
But only if you work hard.
And water it.
A lot of water.
Often.
Then, and only then, will your grass be green.
Now I live in Cache Valley Utah.
Lots of snow.
Significantly less sun.
A plethora of the cold, wet, white stuff.
So you can imagine my delight that when the snow began to melt I saw green grass.
Green grass growing.
On it's own.
Under the snow.
I didn't have to work hard.
I didn't have to water it...
...at...all.
I didn't even have to take meth....
...wait....what?
...greener grass!
2 comments:
Nice to see that green grass coming up under the snow blanket and you didn't even have to water it.
I only lived in Utah while I was in college, but I did love the weather.
And the seasons are all beautiful, green grass included.
=)
Post a Comment