Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I'm thinking I might like breakfast a little more these days.

Sometimes kids just make me crazy. Not other people's kids....okay, that's not entirely true. But in general, I like people of all ages.

I'm more talking about my own children.

We are simultaneously (look at that big word) raising 2 teenagers, a tween, a pre-tweens and a 1st grader. I love them dearly. But there are moments when liking them....just simply isn't an option.

I'm a horrible person, I know. But at least I am an honest one.

But then, there are days when they save themselves and all is well in the universe. This was one of those times.

I have been having to leave early in the mornings in order to get to work. Most the time I am out the door before my elementary kids are up.

My little Camden has been having a tough time at school and my not being there in the morning has been hard on him.

The other day he said to me, "Mom. I wish you were here in the morning, You are like Breakfast, the most important part of the day!"

 Wait...did you just hear that??

I think it was my heart exploding!

Linking up with Ms. Matlock's Warm Heart Wednesday. Check it out!

6 comments:

jsturner1 said...

Seriously! Cutest kid ever!!!!

Terra said...

What a sweet comment, you are the most important part of the day. This is my first visit here.

carol l mck said...

Camden's got that right ~ what a love! Great post! You are one busy lady ~ children are treasure but they drive every parent crazy at times ~ They also grow all too quickly and are gone on their life path.

Happy Weekend to you, ^_^

Anonymous said...

Aw. How sweet!

Betty said...

My kids are grown, but I still remember those times. Yes, I always loved them, but from time to time I didn't like them! Oh yes, what he said was wonderful and heart warming. I would have been thrilled too.

Jenny said...

Oh.

My.

My.

How amazing to be compared to breakfast!

I love this remark!

And it definitely, totally and completely warmed my heart.

Thank you for linking to week 12.

XOXOXOXO