Friday, July 11, 2014

Silly

Like most moms, before we go on long trips we have "One last curtain call...."

...meaning "Scaddittle and pittle."

...meaning "Hit the can while you can."

...meaning "Go to the bathroom, already!"

And they go. They do.

But without fail, about 2 hours in, my baby will say, "I need to go so bad I am going to die!!!" Wow! He really has to go.

So like any good mom would do, I tell him to hold it. (**I can see it now, "Young boy dies from an exploded bladder. Mother told him to "Hold it!"**)

After doing that for about 20 minutes, I pull over, open the van door and tell him to shoot far and don't drip.

But as I push the button to open the door (gotta love that), all the boys in my car decide they too need to do some bush watering. So they line up, pull out and shoot.

It always ends up as a contest to see who can shoot the farthest and pee the longest. A different kind of shooting range, if you will.

Boys are weird.

I often wonder if Hubs wishes that he join the competition. He is competitive like that.

But that would be just plain SILLY!

3 comments:

jsturner1 said...

I have missed your posts!!!!

Juli said...

I thought for sure you were going to say "And then the officer pulled up behind us..."

BJC said...

that sounds like every road trip we take, only my youngest is still in diapers.