Tuesday, July 22, 2014

How do you cool YOUR house?

Yup. We are smack dab in the middle of summer. It's pretty much hot wherever you go....at least as far as I can see....and I can see far. LIke the moon. The stars. The great abyss. See, far.

My point: It is hot. So we cool our homes to keep us from melting into the pavement. But not everyone cools their house the same way.

There are those you have central air...that's us. It was a must when we were looking for houses to buy.

Others use swamp coolers. Such a weird name...and kind of insulting if you ask me.

There are window units....which require you to open your window to cool off your home....huh? This one confuses me a bit but so does the phrase "Fun Run," so who am I to judge?

Ceiling fans, electric fans, paper fans...whatever it takes to stay cool.

My son came up with a way to cool our house about a month ago. That is, he decided to open the freezer door....and leave it open....

....for NINE HOURS!!!!

He came home from football practice and had to grab some ice for his water. Apparently he got side-tracked and forgot one important thing: Close the freezer door.

Off he ran to help our friend do some heavy yard work for 5 hours. I picked him up as soon as I got off work and we went to dinner and a movie.

I wish I could say that when I walked into the house it was like an icebox. However, that was not the case.

So in case you were considering this method of cooling your house this summer....

...DON"T.