Saturday, July 12, 2014

Do you miss me?

He left me.

Hubs is gone. Has been gone for the past 5 weeks. He won't be back....

... for two more weeks. (Did I scare you? Heck, that scared me when I typed it and I knew it was a joke...)He's getting his masters and the program requires him to spend 2 summers in Washington DC.

Translation: It requires me to stay at home with my 5 children for pretty much the whole summer. Yeah, I'm pretty much bald and baggy eyed by now.  Truthfully, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. My kids have been great.

About two weeks into the summer, my sisters took all but the youngest of my children. Don't you just love sisters. It was really nice. I was worried how Brig, my 5 year old, was going to do. He had already been Hubs-sick and I didn't want him to feel Home-sick. He had almost changed his mind about going the night before but in the end decided to go.

After the first day, I called and got him on the phone.

"Hi Brig! How are you?' I asked.

"Hi Mom! I'm not missing you. I'm not missing you at all."

Well, apparently he doesn't get Mom-sick.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Cute!

I'm glad you get some 'alone' time!

It must be hard to manage all that by yourself!

It's neat your husband is following is dream!