Survival of the fittest.
That said, I didn't think that I felt that competition for my kids. I, of course, cheer for them when in sports, but I am okay if they don't win, or if the other team scores more goals. I don't get mad at the refs and I don't take a swing at the jerk parent who does.
But for whatever reason, this.....
...Pinewood Derby...does something to me.
It's not that I want my kids to beat other kids. I just want them to do good...aka beat other kids.
You should also know, that Hubs is really good at making fast cars. Wait...I mean my boys are really good at making cars...especially when Hubs helps them.
In years past he has always made winners. But this year I was nervous.
Nervous because we are now on boy child #2 and of course I wanted him to do as good as his older brother.
Nervous because the weigh-in was Monday evening and at 3pm it was still just cut wood.
Nervous because he put the weights on the outside of the car.

I am not sure what I had to be nervous about....
That's my child on the top. Right next to the #1.
He got first place in his den. Oh, and first place overall. He is going to District. He is super excited. Me too.

Way to go Brody!!
Now if I could just find his scout shirt.....



4 comments:
Also being from a big family, I'm pretty competitive, too. I try not to show it, but I am. It burns me up when people post how great their kids are doing on fb; how they got into some honors' program. My kids aren't super competitive; I'm competitive enough for them! :)
Oh, SNAP! See! I forgot to say congrats to Brody!!! :)
AWESOME!!!
Youngest and I were just discussing his derby car this morning. He's going with a new design this year, and yes... we weight ours on the outside as well.
Woo-Hoo!
=D
Post a Comment