It's kinda a Christmas tradition with me. Only I haven't been able to do this tradition since I had kids. You know, with the little ones eating the pieces it would have been impossible to finish...oh...wait. Ahem... I mean too much of a choking hazard for the little ones.
(Just to clarify they would be choking on the puzzle pieces...not me choking them. Just so we're clear.)
Until this year, that is.
Puzzles in the house, baby! Whoop! Whoop!
I busted out the puzzles and my house has gone to pot. (Not the legal kind, sillies. The messy kind.) Once I get started I can't stop. I become completely oblivious to what is going on around me.
Want proof?
This is what happened this morning while I was doing a puzzle. And I am being completely honest when I say I had no clue until I turned around and there it was.


How did I not hear this happening.
I nust reeeeally like puzzles.
10 comments:
My second son is a puzzle lover, too. And boy, is he good at it. I, on the other hand? Not so much.
=)
PS. That is some creative play going on over there. Your kids are cool!
We always have puzzles during the holidays too but lately - like this Christmas - they all get done while I am cooking and baking and cleaning. Something wrong with that picture!!
So I am happy to see your kids having fun while you get some puzzling done!!
Ps I am back to blogging with a new blog - www.bakowbabbletoo.blogspot.com - come say "hi"!
My son is sleeping in a completely pitched tent in his room this evening. I had no idea he had set it up until I went down to tuck him in.
And all I was doing was cleaning the kitchen...
Yay! I'm glad you're back. You have been missed.
I adore puzzles. And like you, I pretty much stopped doing the ones with tiny pieces once the kids came along. Now it's all about huge 24 piece puzzles instead of tiny, involved 100+ ones. What really irks the hell out of me right now, though? The 3D "lenticular: puzzles. Um, my boy is 3. He is looking at the shapes, but when the color changes if he turns it a different direction, it throws him off. And lately, these are the only ones I can find. And I'm just getting angrier.
It was a "ssssssh" fort.
Our Grandlittles are forever making forts!
We'll have to try our hand at puzzles this weekend. I'm not sure why I never get them out!
Happy New Year!
I love puzzles too. I like doing them online as well. This sounds like a spam comment but it's not.
The one website I visit allows me to download my pictures and turn them into puzzles that I can complete online.
What's the name of that website? I would love to do that!!
I love puzzles too and just like you, when I'm working on a puzzle everything around me cease to exist :)
oopps the puzzle link
http://thejigsawpuzzles.com/
Post a Comment