I finally took my kids to Hotel Transylvania.
Yeah, I know I'm only three months late. Hey man, when you are taking a family of seven to the movies, the dollar theatre is the only way to go, especially since lately the movies made for kids have been "ehhh" at best.
Overall it was....ehh. It might have been better if the girl behind me hadn't been wearing grandma perfume. You all know the one I am talking about.
It has a distinct smell, that I can't quite describe. But when you smell it, you know it belongs on a grandma. It is for this reason I know I could never work in a nursing home. Okay, so yeah, there are many reasons why...I'm not a doctor for one. I wouldn't look cute in scrubs. I cheat at BINGO. But the smell...it would be too much.
I am not sure at what age you are required to wear it. I am thinking that it might be a right of passage... or some unspoken rule...that I just spoke. I am not sure, but I don't think anyone would purchase that perfume by choice.
Except they did. And she did. She had to only have been in her 20's. What was she thinking? And of course she would have to sit right behind me. And of course there were no more aisles with 7 seats all together. And of course I couldn't very well trade seats with any of my kids because what kind of mother exposes her wee ones to such nastiness.
Please tell me you know smell I am talking about. Please tell me if you are a grandma that you don't wear that smell.
At least not to the dollar theatre.
5 comments:
eeeh.. i know the smell... i was thinking maybe the lady cant smell it.. maybe at old age you lose your sense of smell... but a 20 year old... hm... no excuses... she probably got it at the dollar store :)
Haha. Darn you Family Dollar!!
I TOTALLY know. My visiting teacher wears it.
And I always have to open every window for the rest of the day to air it out after she leaves.
Nasty stuff.
"/
Yep, I know exactly. YUCK. Most perfumes make me sick to my stomach...very few can I tolerate. I go out of my way to avoid the perfume counters in department stores!
For a long time I was the permanent substitute mail carrier for a over 65 and up community. They had a centralized mail house for over 350 residents.
I know that smell better than you could possibly ever imagine. :)
Post a Comment