Thursday, June 7, 2012

This too shall pass....

I'm feeling it.

Deep down....it's rumbling. I try to keep it there...but it has reared it's ugly head.

I'm stressed.

You see, we are buying a house. At least that is what we are trying to do. You see, it's a short sale...which isn't short. Nope. Not. At. All.

We put in our offer the beginning of Feb. It was accepted. Yay! Now all we needed was their bank to approve the price (which we heard they already had...because that's what pre-approved means.) Apparently not.

It is now June.

Did I forget to mention that our lease was up June 1st? Yes, that is June 1, 2012. As in last week. Lucky for us, we are renting from friends and they offered to let us stay longer. So we will be out of our/their house June 15.

Yes, that would mean after next Friday, we are homeless.

But only technically. Meaning, we have no place of our own to lay our heads. Instead, we have family and friends who don't completely understand what they are getting into, but have offered their homes nonetheless.

So Hubs and the kids will be staying with family for 3 weeks. I will be staying here to work.

The good news is that I will finally get to see how much my kids love me by how much they miss me. Heh...I mean...the good news is that our new closing date is July 12th! (as opposed to our first closing date of May 10).

The bad news is....I don't know how to live without my family! I mean, they are such good fodder for this here blog. But honestly, I live for them. I complain about waking up early...but it's usually with a cuddle...or a kiss...though sometimes peed in pants. Needy hands...needing me. A handsome Hubs to love on to talk to.. 

I will have a ton of time on my hands....but I will also have almost nothing to do. I will get to sleep in...that's awesome. But I can't go clean my house. I won't need to go grocery shopping. I won't need to drive anyone anywhere. Sigh. What's a busy mom with nothing to do...to do?

Any tips?

8 comments:

heather said...

RELAX!! Enjoy the peace & calmness! Take up an art class, or something that is just for you. Look at this time apart as a time for you to have "me time"...

Shannon said...

Sleep.

No, seriously.

Every time I have the house to myself, I think "Yay, I'll have time to do stuff!" and have all these ideas in my head of what I can accomplish when I'm not catering to my kids' every whim. But what happens is I nap and catch up on my sleep!

Kerri said...

Girl...I hope you don't lose any friends over this post! You're gonna make a lot of moms jealous! :) I am on my 2nd day alone (guys are camping) and I already miss them. I was so excited for this alone time....I guess the idea sounds better than it actually is! Congrats on your closing next week! Exciting stuff!

Susan Anderson said...

We bought a house to be used as a rental, and it was a short sale. Never have we had a more stressful purchase, to the point where we will probably never go that route again. It all worked out in the end, however, as I'm sure yours will. (Everything did take a lot longer than they had initially told us to get approved.)

I know you will be missing your family like crazy, but you may as well do your best to enjoy what will probably be the only segment of contiguous alone time you will ever have for the next umpteen years.

Read, luxuriate in the tub, spend time with girlfriends, watch old movies, and indulge yourself shamelessly!

=)

jsturner1 said...

Go. To. The. Movies. With. Me. And then ice cream. And then maybe the mall, oh wait you hate to shop. Ok just come play with me!!!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Wow I can't even imagine what this would be like. I for one hope you blog about the experience.
Dana

Juli said...

HOW did I miss this post! Congrats on the house thing...

I would love a little extra room here without the whole moving thing.... perhaps I should just kick the kids out.:)

Mary said...

ENJOY IT! you'll be back to your chaotic life soon enough! :)