He had it and I didn't even know it.
Hand Foot and Mouth Disease.
It was more like Mild Fever, Cold Sore, Peeling Skin Disease.
The first night he came in with a slight fever. I drugged him up, made him the bed on the floor of my room, and sleep he did. We watched him. He was a little grouchy...that's not abnormal for him...so we kept him on meds for a day or two, but then he seemed okay.
Then a few days later, his lips started to look chapped. Out came the chapstick. Only the chapping seemed to turn into cold sore looking things. But that is a normal thing here. We live in a high desert. Chapped lips are part of the deal. They lasted about a week.
I was showing my sister-in-law his cold sores and she said maybe it was Hand Foot and Mouth Disease.
Inconcievable!
But then a few days later I see him pulling at something on his foot. Sure enough...there is skin peeling off his foot. Toes. Heels. How did I miss this? I mean, hello!!
Yup. He had it, alright.
And I didn't even know.
Fan-stinkin-tastic



4 comments:
Apparently, not even superheros are immune.
Hope he's feeling better soon. And don't beat yourself up, we've all been there.
We've never had that either....I would be just as clueless!
Easy to miss that one, I think...
=)
Oh no! He's too sweet to have anything wrong!
I love his macaroni and cheese goggles!
You should send that picture in to Kraft!
Post a Comment