Wednesday, October 26, 2011

You've got to try these.

Okay, so a group of my friends here get together every month and share a themed recipe. This month was pumpkin. My mind naturally goes to sweet things, like these Whoopie Pies that my friend made:















I thought about pumpkin bread and pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. But I wanted to try something new.  Different.

So I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chili.


















I wasn't sure how it was going to taste. Let me tell you, it was so good. Rich with flavor....not too much pumpkin taste, just enough. Definitely will become a yearly thing. Maybe our Halloween night traditional meal.

What about you? Any good pumpkin/Autumn recipes?

Joining Jen Matlock's ABC/Autumn Thursday.

14 comments:

Judie said...

I think pumpkin chili is a wonderful idea, and I will certainly try it! All that good fiber and beta carotine!!

Anonymous said...

It looks so good I can practically smell it. And I love the hand coming out of the chili!

Theresa Plas said...

Brilliant idea for chili! Sounds perfect!

Juli said...

Is that served with the hand or without?

Unknown said...

The hand coming out of the pot is too cute.. I think I would be on the fence I love pumpkin roll but that is about it for me.

Anonymous said...

We had pumpkin chili just last week. My husband raved about it.

21 Wits said...

I'm feeling a bit creative now after viewing your post...I do like the idea of pumpkin in my chili! Oh yes indeed!

Susan Anderson said...

I just printed that one off! That's a big step for me, the anti-cook.

Thanks!

=)

Diamomd said...

Too funny I went to a friends house Tuesday night for dinner. She doesn't know you but she made your pumpkin chili. She said she got the recipe from Ventanas recipe club. Someone told her about it and she wanted to try it. It was good.

Tim and Sara said...

Yummm I am going to have to try both of those recipes.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, pumpkins are difficult to find here. They do have gourds here that they call pumpkin but they most definitely do not taste like it in my opinion! Pumpkin Chili does sound good though... If only I can steal a real pumpkin somewhere...

Cheryl D. said...

Pumpkin chili sounds great! I made a pumpkin chicken dish that came out pretty good!

I love autumn foods!

Jenny said...

I like pumpkin chili! And pumpkin ravioli! And pumpkin anything!

These look delicious!

Thanks for linking!

A+

icdamoon said...

AS LONG AS THERE ARE RAISINS IN THE PUMPKIN GOODNESS I AM HAPPY! Don't be an ACAPUC.

Have a great day! East more Raisins they are a little bit of sunshine!

Charlie