It would be wise to chew the apple before you swallow it.
I wish someone would have told me this before I did just that. Oh, I thought I had chewed it. But only because that is usually what I do when I put something in my mouth. I chew.
I guess this time I forgot.
I knew the minute I swallowed I was in trouble. It didn't go down right. In fact, it didn't go down at all. I swallowed repeatedly, hoping that the muscles in my throat would force it down. Nope. I took several drinks of water. Nope. I drank milk. Eh-uh. I have even tried massaging my throat while drinking. Still the apple rests on some random ledge in my throat.
And there it sits. We are going on day three. I am okay if I don't swallow. Except that I can't help myself. I swallow spit, food, water, air. You don't realize how much you swallow until you feel it every time.
My friend suggested that I go to the doctor to get it checked out.
"Umm, yes. Hello. I need to make an appointment with Dr. Payne."
"Okay. And what would you like to be seen for."
"Yes. I think there is an apple stuck in my throat."
"Did you say apple?"
"Yes, a piece of apple."
"Did you just forget to chew?"
"Just make the appointment."
If it was something like a piece of chocolate, I know it would eventually melt. If it was a piece of bread I would take peace knowing that eventually it would soggify and fall apart.
I'm giving it until Monday to make its way to my digestive system..
Until then, I am naming her Eve...you know, to keep Adam company.
9 comments:
That must be quite annoying to have that feeling something is stuck in your throat. I hope it doesn't do something weird like damage your throat or anything because that would suck. You would think that saliva or water would have broken down the food by now. Hopefully Eve will go away before Monday or else you're going to have one interesting trip to the doctor's, especially if he/she doesn't find anything!
That sounds so uncomfortable! What a major drag. Have you considered eating something like wonder bread with lots of sticky peanut butter and chewing it into a sticky wad in your mouth and then swallowing it while aiming right at the place you can feel the apple?
(just a thought)
I know. I'm strange. But it could work...
"/
What you said is so true - you don't realize how much you swallow until you feel it all the time. Reminds me of when I have a really SORE throat.
I'm just wondering how would they get it out for you? Hope that little piece of apple dislodges soon!
I love Sue's idea of peanut butter. Are you able to eat other food around it?
Thing is, it's probably not there anymore, just the irritation is, causing it to feel that way.
But I just play a doctor on the blog... so keep us posted. :)
And just so you feel better, I did this with a piece of chicken last night. :)
Your doctor's name isn't really Dr. Payne, right?!
I bet that feels terrible...can't you cough really hard and try to you know....ugh! Maybe you could drink lots of hot tea...or maybe you should just go to the doctor, that's scary stuff! Hope it works its way out SOON! Let us know!
Wait you have apple stuck in your throat? Don't choke on it. That would be so weird!
Ohhhh.....that does not sound fun at all! Hmmm.....maybe you could try to swallow bigger, harder things that would force it down, like pennies or rocks. See how helpful I am?
OMG I NEARLY DIED LAUGHING. i know what ur talking about but i'd say after a few seconds my body usually works mine down
that totally sucks (can i say that?) that it stayed that way for 3 days...just plain weird.
too bad u didn't make the appt. i would have loved to have heard the girls chatting about you! haha
Post a Comment