Best game ever!
At least that is what we thought. Looking back, it is a little disturbing.
Someone was designated as Mama. Mama would tuck us all in bed. Then she would lie down and, rather quickly, fall into deep sleep. Than all crazy would break loose. Laughing. Jumping. Playing. Yelling. This rompus would continue until Mama would start to wake up. We had about 3-5 seconds to try and get back into our beds.
Once she awoke, she was no longer Mama. She was called Mad Mad Mama: the first Mad expressing emotion, the second Mad representing mental state of mind...or lack thereof. She went crazy, running around trying to find out who was making the noise.
If you were caught....gasp!...you were taken to the Closet of Fear. In there you were....basically terrorized. Not really...we were really good actors...Mama would hit the closet door and we would scream out in pain.. But from the outside it was a bit scary.
Once you left the closet of terror, you were released to your bed. Then we would repeat the whole process. We would be entertained for hours. Okay, maybe not hours but for at least one. We all wanted to be Mama. We all wanted to yell at, catch and beat the children.
Where did this voilence come from?
I grew up with a great Mama. She never beat us. She never berated us. She never slept. So I have no idea how my siblings came up with this game.
But it was the...
best game ever!
6 comments:
My mouth has opened and my jaw hit the floor.
Why? Because I have totally not thought about this in years but my brothers and I used to play a similar game called "Sleeping babies". We didn't have a Ma it was more like a sitter but we would try to move if we were the baby without letting the sitter catch us. It was a dumb but very fun game.
The fact that yours is so similar is funny - what are the odds.
Thanks for helping me remember something about my own childhood I haven't thought of in years!
Ahhh the imaginations of children, I think there could be some really interesting psychological study done of what we played as children, don't you? What deep seeded issues we have!
I always wonder what my kids play when Im not watching!:)
Oh my gosh, what a hilarious game! I think the best games are the silly ones kids make up themselves! you just can't beat them (or understand them sometimes :) Thanks for sharing!
:) Brittany Thompson
playwithyourfamily.com
Kids are strange creatures with even stranger imaginations!
;)
Sounds like a lot of fun!
You played the strangest games when you were young! But then again, kids are strange. And from what I've experienced when raising E these past 2 1/2 years, they find pain and violence funny...as long as they're the ones dishing it out.
Post a Comment