Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How do you know what I am?

I am a lot of things.

I am Wife. I am Mommy. I am Opinionated.

I am Coach. I am Teacher. I am Busy.

I am Friend. I am Interpreter. I am Late.

I am Neighbor. I am Republican. I am Tired.

I am LDS. I am Sister. I am a little Crazy.

I am Stef. I am Friendly. I am Nice.

Today I learned that I am Bossy.

It wasn't my children who told me...though I am sure they have thought that many times over. It wasn't Hubs who told me. He knows better than that. Nope, it was a complete stranger. A fellow Zumba-ite.

Apparently making a suggestion makes me Bossy.

And I guess I must be really Bossy because this woman couldn't stop telling me how Bossy I was. So much so that I turned and walked out. I was not interested in turning back time  20 years and reliving my junior high days.

Luckily, I am not Easily Offended. I am Thick Skinned. And I am also Forgiving.

Unfortunately for her I am not Skinny. So I will be back. Oh, yes, I will.

Me and my Opinionated, Suggestion-Making, Bossy self.

10 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Im bossy, too.

;)

Kiddothings said...

Oh gosh, I had to laugh at this. Bossy or not you're funny!

Juli said...

I talk too much.

But don't try and tell me that, because I'll surely talk you out of it.

Kerri said...

Geez, what does that make her? I can't imagine in a hundred years telling someone (I don't know very well) that they are bossy...or anything! You are so funny though...you are not skinny, so you will be back! I think giving your opinion takes courage and makes you strong. Just my opinion!

Diane said...

Okay, so now I think we need to know what the suggestion was.

Or maybe just I need to know.

Hi, bossy. I'm nosy. ;)

Jen Kesler said...

Hmmm...bossy? I am bossy, but I have never thought you to be bossy! Oh well, welcome to my club! :)

Gabe said...

Oh, you make me laugh. . .

I'm sure she has faults as well, at least you admit yours!

CB said...

How funny! I think I would rather be labeled bossy than rude - what is with that woman!!

Unknown said...

This was hilarious. I think when people are envious of a particular trait, they call it out in the negative form.

So, take that! You are powerful. Some people cannot handle it. And I am a know-it-all. ;)

Lisa said...

Yeah, I want to know what the bossy suggestion was, so I can make sure to make it myself next time I'm in Zumba. Which might be never, even though I am thick skinned and thick waisted. Whatever. Pass the chips.