Monday, July 25, 2011

Wee! Wee! A shopping spree!!!!

I can think of a lot of things that I could do with $250.

I could buy a whole bunch of new socks and hide them from my sock stealing, elastic destroying, hole making, stinky footed 11 year old.

I could buy my 11 year old a bunch of socks.

I could pay someone to come clean my house every 2 weeks for 2 months. (That is tempting...)

I could buy myself some new clothes... in a smaller size because I am going to lose this baby weight. Shhhh...I know my baby has been out for two and a half years. Don't go there...I'm warning you.

I could start my Christmas shopping. (Bwahahaha...good one.)

I could take Hubs for an overnight extravaganza...without the kids. (If it was with the kids it would be far from extravaganza...)

So many things that I could do with $250.

I decided, however, to take my money and buy something really exciting.

You know, like buying  84, #2 pencils, 36 glue sticks, 16 dry erase markers (fat, skinny, and fine tipped), 3 pairs of Fiskar scissors, 12 multi-colored folders with prongs, 6 folders un-pronged, 3 rulers, too many spiral notebooks, a few packs of wide ruled paper, 2 calculators, a couple ringed binders, 5 packages of stickers, 7 boxes of Kleenex, 8 paper towels, 4 reams of paper, 6 boxes of Crayola crayons, paint, play dough, Ziploc bags, hand sanitizer, Lysol wipes. The list goes on.

Do you remember when you would bring your own box of supplies to school with you? And you could put your name on your crayons and folders, and glue, etc. Oh, and your folders could be fun and decorative. Sigh....

So that is what I did with my $250. And though it is hard to part with, it's money well spent.

Though, an extravaganza would be fun too....

12 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! I could do so much too....oh, the possibilities!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of school supplies! Of course, spending $250 on school supplies alone is quite a bit too! I say you should kill two birds with one stone and tell them that this is also their Christmas gift :)

Unknown said...

I like myorii's idea! Though your ideas sound a lot more fun.

Kerri said...

You're just kidding about the school supplies, right?!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Well, book supplies are always good--and you need to get them anyway. Not too exciting though. But at least you won't ever feel the money was wasted. :-)

Jen said...

No...not Christmas shopping.
School supply shopping is bad enough.
Cute post!

Susan Anderson said...

Well bought!

;)

Jenny said...

School shopping has really turned into a 'gasp!'. Even with coupons!

CB said...

I remember buying so many school supplies. Your kids will thank you but and extravaganza would have been so fun too!

Gabe said...

Oh, Stef I wandered through the school supply rows recently and my heart sank at the prices. . .because I too will be spending an unbelivable amount of money on school supplies too. . .it's crazy!

William and/or Mitchell Acton said...

Just so you know, it only gets worse as they get older. I started looking at what I need to buy this year and thought, "Maybe I do have to many kids." :-)

Diamomd said...

Sorry, the last comment was from me. I didn't know the boys had been signed in on my lap top.