I often think it odd, the things that I remember from my childhood.
Like the day we played this game. One that consisted of a big blue Bambi blanket, and a blue bowl of fudge.
I am not quite sure what I was doing before Mom came in the room. I do know I was with my sisters. Mom entered the room with a big blue Bambi blanket. She spread it out over the floor.
She told us to get on it. And on it, we got.
"This is a boat. Do not get off the boat. No matter what. Or the sharks will get you."
I remember thinking what a fun game this was going to be. I am sure somewhere in the staying I fell asleep, all part of her master plan, I am sure.
The next thing I remember is waking up to my mom, mixing fudge in a blue metal bowl.
Such an odd, random memory. So what can we learn from this?
If you are a tired, probably pregnant mother, just lay out a blanket and make it into a game. Make a large pot of fudge, but save a little bowl for your children so they will beg for naps on the blanket.
Ahhh, lessons from the past.
Now where's my Bambi blanket? I hear the fudge a-callin'!
4 comments:
Sounds like fun! I'll try this on my kids next time. What wonderful memories of blankets and fudge!
Sounds like a delicious lesson.
I would have totally stayed on the boat blanket for fudge, too!
Ah, kids are so easy to fool, huh? I wonder if E will fall for something like that too. I don't have a big blue bambi blanket but I do have a green one with some funny looking characters. Hmm, I should give this trick a try :)
Post a Comment