Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Appetizers Please!

Droughts stink!

Seriously. I can't seem to keep my bushes in the front green. They would do so much better if they got a little water from heaven.

And the skies are cruel. They tease me.  They are cloudy. They are dark. They are screaming, "Naner naner naner! I am full of water. But I think I will wait to release my showers 5 miles down the road. So phwwwtttt!!"

Whatever!

On a happier note, there was nothing lacking in our appetizer recipe party today. Lots of really amazingly yummy foods.

I made some yummy Cowboy Caviar.
Ingredients
1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained & rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can black eyed peas drained & rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can corn drained & rinsed
Handful of cilantro chopped
1 bunch of green onions chopped
4-5 medium tomatoes diced
3-4 avocados diced
Juice of 1/2 of a lime
8 oz. of your favorite Italian dressing


Squeeze lime juice over avocados to prevent browning. Toss everything
together and serve with tortilla chips. Keep refrigerated.

What about you? Any yummy appetizers to share? Linky on up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i could eat an entire bowl of cowboy caviar by myself...yum!

Jenny said...

I got no recipes. I got no rain. I got no appetizers.

Geez.

What a pathetic little comment.

Susan Anderson said...

I think I like cowboy caviar a whole lot better than the real thing.

=)

PS. I'm not even sure I HAVE an appetizer recipe. I always just buy cheeses, crackers, and vegetable trays.

"/

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

We call that them there Texas Caviar in my parts! Yuuuuummm-e

Juli said...

WAIT!

I have a recipe.

I just have to find it... and you'll have to make do with no pictures, cuz' there's no way in HAdes I'm turning on the oven. :)

I'll post it tomorrow am. :)