Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sit. Speak. Roll over. Oh, and Lick!

My two year old calls me "Nice Doggy."

Isn't he so sweet??

You see, the other day I decided to play with him. I do that sometimes. Play with my kids.

He was the owner and I was the doggy. I panted. I barked. I whined a little. I got on all fours and chased a stick. I sat and went "night-night". I did not mark any of my own furniture. I thought that may be taking things a little too far.

It was a sweet game. One that only lasted about 20 minutes. But he loved it.

How do I know this? He only asks me to play it 100 times a day.

He will come up to me and say, "Mommy. You good doggy. Otay?" Then he will put his hands on my cheeks and rub them. "You a good doggy. Yes. You a good doggy. Otay."

What else can a good doggy do other than lick the sweet fella on the cheek.

Woof!

Participating in ABC Thursday and Mama Workshop.

23 comments:

Kiddothings said...

Haha, what a cute story. I think It's time you get him a real dog. Saying Hi from Alphabe Thurs.

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I remember playing doggy. But my girls never called me Good Doggy. I was more of a pull the leash and stand up when I wasn't supposed to doggy. The game didn't last long : ) You are a good mommy doggy!
Dana

Cyndy Bush said...

My kids used to play this a lot but they were always the dog and I got to be the owner.
My favorite game is school. I always play the bad kid. FUN!!

Anonymous said...

What a good doggy you are! We played dog and now have moved to cat. There is a lot of purring at my house.

Betty said...

You're a fun mom!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Truly sweet! Oh he'll remember this for a life time. You're a great mom.

Come by to read…
L is for the way you LOOK at me

~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

My little grandson plays doggie all the time. He barks and pants. I keep telling his parents he needs a puppy, but they just don't listen to me!

Ninny said...

YOU are a good mom!!!!

Susan Anderson said...

You're a fun mom!

=)

Unknown said...

love it! at least it's doggy instead of fire breathing dragon right?! what a good mom you are :)

just stopping by from mama kat's!

Arnebya said...

Visiting from Mama Kat's workshop and giggling. At the cuteness of this post and the fact that I will still play doggie w/my 7 yr old (except she's the doggie with the most amazingly accurate sounding bark).

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i get off easier....lily wants to play mommy and i'm the baby. sadly i got a spanking on my leg yesterday while being baby...and i didn't even do anything hahahahaha

K said...

I can't help but laugh and share in the misery/joy with you! I love it when I entertain my children with a new pretend game, only to kick myself later on for making it so fun, because they want to play it all the time! But this is a cute game, I'll have to try it despite knowing what it may mean for the rest of their childhood :)

The Crazy Coxes said...

You are a good doogy! How sweet1

Jenny said...

Awwww...who's a good boy! Awwww... rub, rub, rub!

So cute!

Love this story and I can totally imagine the whole thing in my head!

You're a great Mom

Thanks for the smile.

A+

Carrie said...

oh my gosh..too cute! I would go make him play fetch, for sure.

My brother ran faster on all fours than on two when we were a kid. No joke.

storybeader said...

too funny! Man's best friend, right? {:-D

Judie said...

He needs to give that cute doggie a name! Tell him your name is "Smarty." Great post!!

Juli said...

My kids play doggie with their cousins all the time... and they're 4, 6, 9, and 10.

Best game ever. But we don't let them lick each other's faces.

Teachinfourth said...

Man, I thought you'd let it be the other way around and let HIM pretend to be the dog...

Monica said...

Sweet! That is so cute!

Cheryl D. said...

You ARE a good doggie!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute :) I love that you play with your kids. You are definitely a good mommy!