Thursday, July 28, 2011

Observations in Target

I realized something rather amazing the other day.

I have only been in a Target store once since school got out, and that once was in CA where I do not reside so it doesn't really count.

That is pretty amazing.

Not that I haven't spent the money I usually spend at Target. With all my kids home, bulk is our best bet. Sam's Club loves summer break.

But yesterday I had an hour with nothing to do. I know. I know. And what's more, no children. Well, I spotted a Target and decided to go in and just look around...cough cough...yeah right...ahem.

While looking at some make-up that someone slipped into my basket, I overheard a little girl talking to her mommy. She wanted a toy that her mother was refusing to buy. The nerve of that mom. She is so mean.

But then this child, in voice that reminded me of my own children, let out this threat that almost made me want to buy her the toy (insert sarcastic face), "If you don't buy me that toy I will spit on your face...everyday."

And that is why I don't miss my trips to Target this summer.


I am a late participant in Jen's ABC Thursday!

15 comments:

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

No! Really? A child said this to her mother? Out of the mouths of babes...
Dana

Unknown said...

Oh no she didn't. If one of my children had DARED say that to me at any point they would have had a sore butt and lost a few of their toys in their room when they got home.

Kiddothings said...

That is totally SO darn rude to say to your mom. But I wonder who did she learn it from?

Unknown said...

every day? I understand wanting to spit in such a rude, withholding mother's face once, but every single day? my goodness.

;)

Susan Anderson said...

Sheesh. What a little pill!!

(She'd be getting nuttin' from me for a very loooong time.)

"/

CB said...

I was not expecting that. Rotten kid!!
Very funny though!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I do love my Tarjay trips!! I was thinking I haven't been to the mall the entire month! It's been a nice break. I can't stay away from Target though.

Thanks for stopping by and for liking my skirt!! :)

Juli said...

I've come to shopping only in short 45 minute intravels without the kids.

Keeps me from spending too much money and not getting disrtacted as to what I really came in for.

Unknown said...

Trips to Target is a priority for me whenever we come home :) Something about that store makes me never want to leave...almost.

Dude, I can't believe that little girl said something like that to her *mom*. Makes me wonder where she'd even learn a line like that. If it was E (and it better never happen), she'd be getting a slap upside the head for being that rude to me.

Catherine said...

Wow.. just wow. I hope the mother didn't give her the toy, but as scary as it sounds, I've seen parents cave to this kind of nonsense.

When I walk into Target I get sucked into this weird vortex and walk out buying stuff I didn't know I needed until I walked in, then knew I couldn't live without by the time I left - and usually get a Starbucks at some point, too! LOL.

K said...

Wow, that's a first. Then again, I am always shocked when I hear certain phrases or words come from the mouths of children. How do they (1) learn this and (2) get away with saying/using it? Please tell me what her mother did!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh yuck, that's a threat I'd cower from ;-)

Kerri said...

Wow. I sure hope she didn't get whatever she was wanting....I'm not even sure what to say about that....I'm thining I would pull my son out of Target by his ear!

Jenny said...

Those are always the kids that make me sad.

What kind of world will they expect to live in when they get older?

I wonder how that make-up got into your cart, though.

Very disturbing.

That exact same thing often happens to me when I'm at Target. Must be some kind of weird magnetic gizmo in the cart...



Thanks for a cute post!

This made me smile.

A+

Esther Joy said...

I guess it's a good thing our small town doesn't have a Target!