Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never gets old...

There are just some things you never get tired of hearing.

Today, my niece and her two week old baby came over to hang out. Her daughter is just so precious. My kids, all of them, took turns holding her and then asked to hold her again. She was a trooper.

After she left, my son asked, "When can I have a baby that?"

"Well.." I answered, "...when you get older and you get married. Then you can have a baby."

"I don't want to get married," he said.

"Well, you need to get married so that you can be a Daddy. You need to get married first that way you and your wife can have a baby together," I brainwashed explained to him.

He got a little shy...then a huge grin made its way to his face. "But, I want to marry you."

"You want to marry me? Oh, when you get bigger you will find someone that you will want to marry more than me. I promise."

Determined, he responded, "No! I just want to marry you."

He climbed up on my lap, wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me.

Nope, never gets old.

11 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

It's a good thing you write this stuff down for posterity...

I used to tell my mom that I never wanted to drive, but would just end up hooking a rope from her car to my car.

I drive my own car now, by the way...

Kiddothings said...

What a nice moment there! I'm wishing my son wants to 'marry' me too!

Emily said...

I love that! I had a similar conversation where my 4 y.o. thought I was kicking him out of the house, off to become a daddy right now. He has already asked where babys come from.

Today he told me I had luscious hair. And he gave me a spider before he went to bed so I wouldnt be scared during the night.

Yeah, he probably would make a better husband than my current!

Kerri said...

You're right...it never gets old! So sweet!

Anonymous said...

He had the right answer! My heart fills when JDaniel say things like this.

Susan Anderson said...

So cute.

=)

CB said...

Love that.

The Crazy Coxes said...

So sweet! And why wouldn't he want to marry you. I think my 22 year old has gotten over the idea of marrying me...but he still wants me to pick out his wife! and I would do a darn good job!

Unknown said...

so super sweet! i just had to (brainwash) explain to my 4 yr old a similar thing :) except he didn't come & hug me. just told me i would be twins with my mom when he has kids.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i wish we could keep them all that sweet and perfect!

Unknown said...

Aww, that is so cute! So that's what it's like to have a son :) Though I guess if E wants to marry me when she grows up, that's fine too.