I am back. Like really back. As in I'm having a party at my house tomorrow to celebrate my return.
Okay, not really. I am not that vain. But I am having a party. A salad recipe exchange party. Wanna come? Who sets up a party a day and a half after they get home from vacation? I must have had the May haze going on when I suggested that date.
I'm excited about, though. Recipes that you get to taste before you make them. Whoot!
But that is not what I was wanting to blog about. So why am I? Moving along...
The first day of our trip was surprisingly easy, despite me only sleeping three hours the night before. My kids didn't fight at all! (Liar!). Okay, so they fought a little. But that was to be expected. Oh, yeah and I almost forgot that Briggy got the runs 3 hours into the trip. We had to pull over every 30 minutes for about 2 hours hours, but once the banana made its way through his system, we were good.
After being in the car for 15 hours, with 5 kids, on three hours of sleep, we were so ready to get to the hotel. I checked us in while Hubs unloaded the van and then we all came dragging into the lobby. Okay, so Hubs and I were dragging in. I think a more appropriate description of my kids would be bouncing. Again, 15 hours in the car.
The people at the front desk just stared at us. (They may have actually been counting because I may or may not have told them there were only 3 children. What? We needed to stay in the same room.) But one guest looked at us, laughed and asked, "What'd you do? Bring the whole preschool? Hahahaha."
He was making a funny.
Funny thing is, I was too tired to come up with a smart remark equal his funny-ness. Only, at that moment, I wasn't feeling funny. Come to think of it, I don't think I could feel anything but tired. I kid you not, every single person we passed on our way to the 4th floor had a comment about our family.
Really?
Have never seen children or just not that many children in one elevator? Yes, they all belong to us. No, we don't run a preschool. And I would rather have my hands full than empty, thankyouverymuch.
See what I'm saying. I was tired.
And he was rude.
Party anyone?
13 comments:
Your party sounds fun...not sure I would be able to be ready for a party the day after vacation...oh yea, and five kids too! You must have been in an area where people have small families! :)
been there. . .most definately been there. . .once after Lydia was born I actually heard another mom counting outloud.. . 1,2,3,4.oh my goodness they have 5 kids!
People can be so very rude! And like you need any reminders just how many children you have?
Oh no!!!!! Now I have anxiety. Wha are people going to say about me in 6 months. I think it's even better when you are prego hauling 4 kids around. The glares....... Anyway, yes, party. Can't wait! We have all been waiting for Stef to come home so summer can officially start around here!
When someone asks my daughter if the 3 kids under the age of 5 are all hers, she smiles and says--yes, aren't I lucky? Love it!
When a man asked us once if our 4 kids were all ours, my husband told him these were all we could fit in the car at once--the other 7 had to wait till next time for their turn! You should have seen his face!
Wow, planning a party so quickly after a vacation! You are brave. I never have any clean clothes after a vacation, so unless I'm throwing a "clothing optional" party, my social life gets put on hold until all the laundry is done.
Have a great get together this weekend. Be sure to take lots of food shots and share the yummiest recipes with us! - G
It just shows how completely competent you are, as opposed to them. Those who can, DO~those who can't, mock. :)
They're just jealous.
heehee
;)
When I was visiting my sister in Denver the kitchen staff came out to see all of our kids. We had seven kids and from only two mothers!
It IS very unusal these days to see someone with more that just two.
HOWEVER, those people were just rude!
Hope your party goes well and glad you are back.
~Naila Moon
Any excuse for a party is a good one.
Well, almost any excuse...party on, girl!
There's an award for you over on my blog...Hope you'll accept!
I definitely want to come to the party!!!! I don't consider 5 children a big family...but then i know lots of people with five children.
I definitely have to give you props for surviving 15 hours in the car with 5 kids. If it was me, I might have lost my sanity and started crying hysterically in front of the rude man just to freak him out. But that would just be mean and embarrassing, right? :)
Post a Comment