My Camden.
Yesterday, he and I were waiting at the pool for Kobe to finish his swim lessons. Camden came up from under the water and said, "Did you know I can talk under water?"
"I didn't know that. How do you do it?" I asked.
"I go like this," and he smiled real big. As in show all his teeth big. Then he dunked is head in the water and shook it a bit. He popped back up and asked, "Do you know what that means?"
"Nope. What did that mean?"
"It means 'Camden is awesome!'"
He is a keeper, I tell you.
Then today, my kids were talking about how great it would be if we could get a cat. If you know anything about me you should know that I have a great un-love for cats. The whole rubbing up to my legs and purring in my ear and hissing at me in the middle of the night. Add that Hubs is allergic and there is no way we are getting a cat.
Camden comes up to me and asks, "If there was a different dad who wasn't allergic to cats, could we have a cat then?"
"Well, I guess if he wasn't allergic," I answered.
He thought about it for about two seconds. "I don't want our dad anymore. Let's get a different dad. Then we can get a cat."
Wow. He really wants a cat.
A keeper indeed.
I'm linking up to ABC Thursday and Writer's Workshop.
18 comments:
The kid's got ingenuity! Very cute...but I hope you're not considering his offer. :)
Kids are a krack-up!
=D
I love how their minds work and how when they want something, it is so immediate!!!
Haha, he is a cutie, I love the way kids think!!
I think JDaniel has moment he would trade me for a pet too.
I got a cat for you!!! UGH
Kids truly do say the funniest things!!
bwhahahha.. and umm does daddy know where he ranks currently on the totem pole??
kids could be genius and helpful at times.
bless all.
love your take.
We have a cat.
When he's gone, I will still have kids.
When they grow, and move out, I will still have (Almost) Hubs.
When he's gone, I may get fish.
And they'll ALL be keepers. :)
That Camden is a funny boy! You should have asked him if he wanted to live with a different family! :)
I say that one often!
You gotta hand it to him mom. He did some thinking to come up with that conclusion!~Ames
He really does want a cat. Hopefully dad doesn't read your blog : )
Dana
Awhhh, this was so cute!
By the way, I wrote about "keepers" this week, too. Must be a good subject!
Oh, this is funny...definately a KEEPER :)
Hee. That Camden is too cute :) So what did Hubs have to say about being traded in for a cat?
What a sweet, sweet story. I loved this link!
A+
I'm allergic to cats, too...I'm just surprised he'd be willing to trade his dad off like that.
Hillarious! I don't like cats either and I am allergic to them too!
Post a Comment