This weekend started off great!
We woke, loaded into the van and headed off to Home Depot. (Isn't that where every family of 7 goes on a Saturday morning?) Why? Flowers. Hello!
I go crazy when I see flowers. I wasn't always that way. In fact, up until last year I had never successfully planted a single flower. My whole life. But last year I said, "What the hay!" and started with several bulbs. The more they grew, the more excited I became. Then they bloomed.
Now I'm hooked. Line and sinker.
Anyway, we went into Home Depot, bought a bunch of flowers and other yard stuff. We were ready to plant our flowers. Only the wind started to blow....like "The wicked witch is dead" wind. You can't plant flowers in that! Dang!!
As if that wasn't enough, Brody had a soccer game. In the wind. I was sure they would cancel...but these are kids. Weather can't stop them. No siree! Well, wouldn't you know I left my hair-thing at home. That's what we call them in our house...hair-things. It's like naming a dog Dog. A thing you put in your hair: Hair-thing. Makes sense? Don't mock!
My hair is long-ish. So the whole whipping my eyeballs with longish hair was getting on my nerves. I sat through half the game before I looked at my wrist and realized, "Hey, there is a hair-thing. On my wrist. This whole time!"
While at the game, Brody fell and hurt his elbow. He complained about it at half time, but then played the rest of the game. Then he favored it the rest of the evening and came into my room that night. I promptly pulled out the non-bed for him, drugged him up and rolled back over.
Sunday his pain seemed worse and he was whimpering by the evening. Ugh! "I hope this boy hasn't broken another bone," I thought to myself out loud. After another night on my floor, I decided I needed to know: was he a master faker, or was it really broken?
To the doctor we went. She checked him out. She asked questions. In the end, she wasn't sure either. We are waiting for a radiologist to check out the x-ray. For now he has a doctor's note to get him out of PE for a week. On the bright side, this afternoon he was hanging like a monkey on our swing set. Master Brody.
Boy, can he act.
Today, our carpets were shampooed. Cleaned. Sanitized. Actually, that's a lie. I didn't want to pay the extra $50 for them to sanitize my carpets. I mostly couldn't understand why that wasn't included in the "Two Arms and A Leg" Package. Punks!
Regardless of the price, they look so much better. Not perfect, because there just aren't enough chemicals to get 5 kids out of my white carpet. Did my kids notice? Nope. Not at all. Ehh.
And that, my friends. was my weekend. Wind, bones and shampoo.
What did you do this weekend?
11 comments:
Home Depot? I love Home Depot! (But not as much as I love Costco, The Container Store, and Target.) Our oldest son has worked at Home Depot for the past year, and at first we were all excited that he got a job there -- thinking we just SCORED! with the employee discount! Not so. Turns out Home Depot's prices "are already so low..." that they do not give employee discounts. Darn! That would have been SO nice! Ah well.
For me...this weekend was busy - soccer games, birthday parties, church on Sunday...the usual :)
I had an interesting weekend--My husband built me a desk from an instruction-less kit I got on freecycle. Awesome! But a couple of the pieces needed new holes drilled (long story), and the router reached out and bit him. hard. on the end of his middle finger. So now he has a big bandage and lots of sympathy. But I have a desk!
WHITE carpet?!
You are a brave woman!!
;)
I totally say hair-thing. The fact that it was on your wrist the whole time? LOL classic!
i had 150 people in my house for a bbq that was supposed to happen outside.. due to rain..
speaking of carpets.. there were lots of wet feet on my carpet this weekend.. though it doesnt look bad..
we raised 700.00 to go towards kyndals headstone.. we had a whoosh weekend too..
I love the way you write! You always make me laugh!
love home depot hot dogs! ;o)
i sat around nursing a baby! nuff said
Your weekend is way more fun to hear about. I loved that you can't get 5 kids out of white carpet. Delightful. :) HA!
I laughed at the "hair thing" because that is exactly what I call all my hair things. And I once realized I was driving down the road with a pair of sunglasses on my face and another pair atop my head. Oh yeah!
And white carpet?! With 5 kids?! You are a brave woman.
That was one busy weekend!
I can stand outside and watch sports in the rain, or the snow or the blistering heat.....but I cannot STAND the wind!
I hope Brody is okay!
I was at home depot also. Prehaps you saw me... There was nothing but my feet left when the shed fell on me.
Seriously? Did the whole country have Wicked Wind or what?
Post a Comment