I have a closet in my room
It holds my pants and shirts,
Hubs' nicky-nacks, a book or two,
Some shoes and maybe some dirt.
I have a room inside my house
with toys left here and there.
Not sure how to describe it other than
maybe your worst nightmare.
I have a house that's full of kids
who haven't learned to clean.
I thought that I had taught them this,
But proof has yet to be seen.
"This has to stop" I told my Hubs,
"The toys strewn everywhere!"
Then an idea popped into my head,
I hadn't a moment to spare.
I collected the toys from that room in my house.
Into my closet they went.
I put up a sign outside the door:
"These toys are up for rent."
"Huh?" "What?" "But those are mine."
A few began to cry.
"But when they are left upon my floor,
they're mine," was my reply.
"You can use them all, one at a time.
"You sign them out each day.
"You can have another, all you have to do
"Is put the first ones away."
Is it going to work? I sure hope so,
If not, what else can I do?
But call those men, in the clean white coats
And bid you all adieu.
Please pray for me.
7 comments:
I made a rule in my house. First time I find it on my floor I own it for 2 days after that a week. One more time and it goes to Goodwill or somewhere to a child who wants a toy.. lesson learned
Great poem!
And great idea, too. My mom did this once, and it helped!
=)
Hilarious....
I will be back!
Lisa
ohhh hello your poem is genius! you rock!
as for the toys...maybe you'll collect enough to afford a dinner out w/hubs! haha...you said sign in and out..i'm thinking pay up suckers! haha
Very clever poem and idea! Hope it works!
Brilliant!
The poem and holding the toys hostage!
LOVE your poem and your solution!! I can picture you standing behind a half door (you know where the top opens and the bottom is closed) handing out and exchanging items!
Post a Comment