"Who ate the cake mix?" my mother questioned.
I look down at the blue cup that I have in my hand...full of dry cake mix. What am I going to do? If I put it down, someone else was bound to find it and eat it for sure.
"Who ate the cake mix I needed to make this wedding cake?" she yelled.
Ummmm....ummm. I could hide it under the blanket, but then it might spill, and I would have to clean that up. Bad idea.
"Everyone to the living room."
Oh no! Oh no!! What am I going to do...where can I hide...I can just put it behind...my back. Yeah, that's what I'll do. She won't see it. I'm so sneaky. And smart. And genius.
"Everyone line up. I am going to ask you a question and I want you to tell me the truth. Okay?" she explains.
The truth? Do you think she can see the bright blue cup? Behind my back? Nah. I don't think so.
"Tammy, did you eat the cake mix?" she asks.
Do you think she will notice that I have my hands behind my back? I doubt it. It just makes me look more innocent.
"Erika, did you eat the cake mix?"
She's getting closer. Do I smell like cake mix?
"Christa, did you eat my cake mix?"
I'm next. She will never figure out who did it. I'm such a smarty pants.
"Stef, did you eat the cake mix?" mom asked.
"Me? No. I didn't do it." I lied. Badly.
"Are you sure? You didn't get into my cake mix?" she repeated.
"Ummm...no. I don't think so." Do you think she believes me?
"Okay. Everyone. I want you to put your hands in front of you so I can see your hands," she said.
Gulp!
Participating in Jen Matlock's ABC soup and Mama Kat's Workshop.
20 comments:
It's so funny how our child minds are so convinced that we can get away with what ever it is that we're up to. It's also funny now being on the other side and seeing this with my kid: she thinks she's being sneaky when the evidence is all over her face. :)
So funny how you thought you could get away with by putting your hands behind your back.
Too funny :) So, wait...you ate *dry* cake mix? That's such a strange thing to have eaten....but then again, kids eat the strangest things.
Felling down today so that was just what I needed! Still smiling!
That was terrifically entertaining. You captured it so well!
HAHAHA! Awesome post. You completely captured the inner workings of a child's mind.
You just had to know she would find out. She founds like an expert in rooting out trouble.
One of my favorite sayings as a child, for sure!!
You ate DRY cake mix??? That cannot taste that good? :)
eeewwww dry cake mis???
but liar liar pants on fire :D
good memories of playground stuff!
~victoria~
Great post! Cannot imagine counting the number of times I said that to my brother when we were kids!
Oops! Foiled again!!
;)
im sorry you got busted, but I an just see every step of this situation unfolding, and laughed out loud at the decision to put the cup behind your back :) We are so bad at thinking ahead and creatively to cover our tracks when we're little!
Awesome!! Mom's always know the truth! My kids still actually BELIEVE that I have "eyes on the back of my head"!
Very well done...
You should have just waited til she made it... then licked the bowl. :)
*Giggle-snort*
My oldest son thought that I was magic when he was little, because I always knew when he was fibbing!!
i ate dry cake mix too... yum..
although it doesnt quite have the same magical flavor or consitency as i remember... we must be related :)
Moms are great at catching these transgressions!
I love your writing. It is just like you are telling me this story, and rolling your eyes and laughing at yourself.
This was wonderful!
Thanks for sharing it!
A+
Post a Comment