Friday, April 22, 2011

I've been hit!

Have you ever been hit by a car?

I was. Just the other day. And let me tell you, it hurts. Really bad. I almost cried. You know the cry...the one where you don't want to cry but your eyes disagree with you and leak despite your protests.

But that's what you can expect when you are hit in the head by a car!

You see, for whatever reason, my two year old has decided that throwing things is fun. Balls, understandable. Stuffed animals, not a problem. Hard, heavy toys, not so great.

I walked up the stairs, expecting to play with my little-er boys. (Yes, little-er is a word.) I bent down to pick something up, and on my way up I was hit. Hard. On the forehead. By a 2006 Camero. Blue with a white racing stripe.

"What the....? Ouch. Briggy! Why did you throw that at Mommy?" Yes, I know. In that moment I completely forgot that two year olds don't know why they do things. They just do.

"Huh. Look at that. A heavy blue car. Hey! Here comes Mommy. I wonder......"

Whack!!

14 comments:

CB said...

Ouch! I think I have been hit by a car before and other multiple hard toys throughout the years of raising little ones, including their heads (have you ever been back head butted by a 2 year old?).

Yeah kids can really hurt you sometimes, but they're so cute - ha ha.

Hope you have a great Easter and watch out for flying cars!

CB said...

First!!!!! Cause it's Friday and I'm up early - Boo-Yah!!

Kyla said...

My 2 yr old hit me with a croquet ball and I couldn't help but cry just like you were describing. Thud!

Carrie said...

Ha! You had me worried for a bit. Not that getting hit with a toy car isn't serious---because girl I know the drill! I even love getting hit with nerf gun bullets. Because I'm tell'n ya, at the right distance they hurt;)

Susan Anderson said...

Ouch!

(I love the misleading way you started this post out...)

;)

Jess & Jessica said...

I totally know what you mean by the tears coming even though you don't want them to. Addison has made me cry before with toys. I feel so dumb crying about getting hit by a toddler. :) It sure helps them to feel bad about it.

NatureGirl said...

hehehe...

Juli said...

Feeling your pain... last year the boys hit me in the head while I was napping with a plastic easter egg...containing a car.

Yeah. Good times... good times...

Jen Kesler said...

You had me there! I thought you got hit by a real car....glad it was just a hot wheels car! Even though I know those things hurt!

Diamomd said...

I haven't been hit by a car, yet. But I will tell you from experience that those sippy cups really hurt when you get hit in the head with them! And I have been hit in the head with them while driving a CAR!

Amber said...

Ouch! That's not such a fun experiment for Mommy! I've got an almost-two who is surprisingly good at throwing. Thankfully she hasn't attempted throwing cars yet!

Thanks for the sweet comments about my family on my blog, and of course it's okay if you follow! I'm going to assume you won't mind if I follow you also. :)

Jenny said...

Oh Stef, this scared me for a moment. I'm glad it was a small car!

Raising children...not just for sissies!

Hope your Easter is lovely and filled with joy and jelly beans!

Teachinfourth said...

I've been hit by a bigger car before...

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oohhh... getting hit by a car really does hurt!

Dirty diapers do more damage to my self-esteem though.... :D